Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Who is your favourite female game character? Watch

Announcements
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eternaforest)
    I hardly like the Xbox One at all, I actually wanted a PS4 but my brother insisted on getting an Xbox One

YEssss thats the mission im on about. And omg i remember the train one, i swear that train bit is right at the end of the mission where you start off on like a crane and go down into some massive pit?
    Oh dang it

YEEES!
    And I think so . I can remember some guy in a suit falling off a building :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by serah.exe)
    Oh dang it

YEEES!
    And I think so . I can remember some guy in a suit falling off a building :lol:
    You could be thinking of Jacknife? You have to chase him and he tries to jump across this building and grab a hold of this pole but he falls or summat lol

omg do you remember the boat mission?
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    You could be thinking of Jacknife? You have to chase him and he tries to jump across this building and grab a hold of this pole but he falls or summat lol

omg do you remember the boat mission?
    No no no, it was Tarvis Burfield.

Yes. It was okay imo.

ReputationRep:
    No no no, it was Tarvis Burfield.

Yes. It was okay imo.
    ohhh i remember him the dead strong guy with white hair

Also the music on Mirror's Edge is bloody fantastic. So much atmosphere to it.
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    ohhh i remember him the dead strong guy with white hair

Also the music on Mirror's Edge is bloody fantastic. So much atmosphere to it.
    Yes that's the guy :lol:

Definitely! Especially the theme song Still Alive; it's beautiful :love:

ReputationRep:
    Yes that's the guy :lol:

Definitely! Especially the theme song Still Alive; it's beautiful :love:
    Yesss i love still alive it's weird how theres also a song called Still alive in Portal and whenever anyone mentions it im the only one thinking of the Mirror's Edge one. I can play it on piano, such a good melody.
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Yesss i love still alive it's weird how theres also a song called Still alive in Portal and whenever anyone mentions it im the only one thinking of the Mirror's Edge one. I can play it on piano, such a good melody.
    Still Alive in Portal was also quite beautiful, but I preferred "Want You Gone" from Portal 2.
    Ohhh nice :ahee:, so you can play the piano normally? What grade are you on?

ReputationRep:
    This is actually super tough but I'm going to narrow it down to a top five haha;

Heather from Silent Hill 3
    Lara Croft from Tomb Raidier (even named my dog Lara )
    Ellie from the Last of Us
    Chloe from Life is Strange
    GLaDOS from Portal

Does GLaDOS technically count as female? :rofl2:

ReputationRep:
    Oh does Emily Kaldwin from Dishonored 2 count since it's not out yet though I'm like 200% sure she'll be rad
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nicoley-oley)
    This is actually super tough but I'm going to narrow it down to a top five haha;

Heather from Silent Hill 3
    Lara Croft from Tomb Raidier (even named my dog Lara )
    Ellie from the Last of Us
    Chloe from Life is Strange
    GLaDOS from Portal

Does GLaDOS technically count as female? :rofl2:
    Nice list! Especially Chloe, Life is Strange was such an amazing game, there's rumours that there might be a season 2 :ninja:

Well, for this purpose I guess she could :mmm:

ReputationRep:
    Nice list! Especially Chloe, Life is Strange was such an amazing game, there's rumours that there might be a season 2 :ninja:

Well, for this purpose I guess she could :mmm:
    Pretty much as soon as the last episode was released, DontNod were hinting at a season two but with all new characters, I'm down for that, I'll miss Max and Chloe but I'm soooo down 😁
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Pretty much as soon as the last episode was released, DontNod were hinting at a season two but with all new characters, I'm down for that, I'll miss Max and Chloe but I'm soooo down 😁
    WAIT WHAT?! So no more Max (and Chloe)?! :cry:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Yes I'm still down for it though, it will probably be amazing :yep:. Btw for the last choice for episode 5, what did you choose?

ReputationRep:
    Still Alive in Portal was also quite beautiful, but I preferred "Want You Gone" from Portal 2.
    Ohhh nice :ahee:, so you can play the piano normally? What grade are you on?
    I can't remember that song in Portal 2 I love portal 2 though definitely the best co-op game I've ever played

And no I don't play it normally lol never had lessons. Just that the melody from still alive is pretty easy to learn!
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    I can't remember that song in Portal 2 I love portal 2 though definitely the best co-op game I've ever played

And no I don't play it normally lol never had lessons. Just that the melody from still alive is pretty easy to learn!
    *Refreshes your memory*

Edit: Yes Portal 2 was amazing, wished they made a 3rd part.

Oh, still pretty cool, and fair enough

ReputationRep:
    WAIT WHAT?! So no more Max (and Chloe)?! :cry:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Yes I'm still down for it though, it will probably be amazing :yep:. Btw for the last choice for episode 5, what did you choose?
    This is only speculation that has being going around the interwebs, so don't take my word for it haha!
    Spoiler:
    Show
    No hesitation, I sacrificed Chloe, she was my favourite character and all but fate wanted her dead, so if not now, does that mean another horrible disaster will be waiting to happen until she dies again? What did you pick?
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    This is only speculation that has being going around the interwebs, so don't take my word for it haha!
    Spoiler:
    Show
    No hesitation, I sacrificed Chloe, she was my favourite character and all but fate wanted her dead, so if not now, does that mean another horrible disaster will be waiting to happen until she dies again? What did you pick?
    DontNod confirmed that there is going to be a Season 2 (http://www.gamespot.com/articles/lif.../1100-6432101/). And you're probably right though as the co-director said "We can really go with other characters, other locations, but still keep the identity of the game, the themes of the game,".
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I saved Chloe because I felt that if you save Arcadia bay then it seems like none of this ever happened. Also, to Max, Chloe means a lot to her, and only Chloe knows everything that happened. Also I feel like the storm covered up for the fact that Chloe was alive in the first place, and she wouldn't keep dying afterwards. That game gave me so much feels :cry2:

ReputationRep:
    Quiet from MGSV cos she's useful af in game and not retarded.
    Ellie from Last of Us is good for the same reason but her AI is retarded so no :hand:
    Claire Redfield from the Resident Evil games was dank.
    Mileena from Mortal Kombat cos of her fkn savage finishers.
    EVA from MGS

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheGreatImposter)
    I have not played left behind yet but I really need too (especially because I want to find out more about ellie and her past).
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Ikr, Ellie being only 15 years old but single handedly kills David (I remember the buzz I got when I was playing that scene, dude needed so many stabs just to die )and it would be really interesting to see her grow up if they ever made a sequel.

I really loved the ending of the game, it was so unexpected. I would never have guessed that Joel would be so selfish and perhaps let all of humanity be wiped out just because he lost a daughter in the past and feels too emotionally attached to ellie to allow that to happen again, especially because protagonists are usually aren't usually so dark.
    Have you played any of the uncharted games from naughty dogs, they're really good too?
    Yep, I'd highly recommend Left Behind.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    The whole restaurant bit was creepy af :eek: If they do decide to make a sequel, I doubt Joel and Ellie would feature as the main protagonists again but who knows?

The ending was unconventional, because it really forces you to think "am I really a bad guy here?" and that's why I think it's perfect. Initially, I condemned Joel's character but then I considered Joel's perspective, and what I'd do in that situation as a normal, human being. Although I believe in the whole "needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few" moral maxim, I'm inclined to support Joel for the following reasons:

1) The Firefies seem way too corrupt at this point, and it's unlikely that they would just share the vaccines with others. Instead, they would probably keep it for themselves and expand their own power. But this is my opinion, and I suppose one could argue that the Fireflies are genuinely altruistic. We don't know, but from Joel's perspective we can see just how brutal they can be ("If he tries anything, shoot him", "Gimme an excuse".

2) The infected are mostly just a nuisance at this point; as Bill explains earlier in the game, the real antagonists are the humans.

3) If I was asked to sacrifice my child (or someone who was like a child to me) in order to save random strangers (whether they were a million, or a billion, it wouldn't matter to me), then I personally would save my child. If I didn't, I would have nothing to live for, and would most likely commit suicide due to guilt and loneliness. Joel is not a moral philosopher. He is a survivor, and a father who cannot afford to lose his daughter again.

But if someone is a strict utilitarian, then I'd understand why they'd think Joel is dark

And yes, I've played Uncharted 2 & 3. Will you be getting Uncharted 4?

ReputationRep:
    WHAT is this thread? I'm laughing :rofl::rofl:
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ellie0497)
    WHAT is this thread? I'm laughing :rofl::rofl:
    It's a thread about who your favourite female game character. It is in the thread title in case you didn't read it

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.