Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Who is your favourite female game character? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by serah.exe)
    DontNod confirmed that there is going to be a Season 2 (http://www.gamespot.com/articles/lif.../1100-6432101/). And you're probably right though as the co-director said "We can really go with other characters, other locations, but still keep the identity of the game, the themes of the game,".
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I saved Chloe because I felt that if you save Arcadia bay then it seems like none of this ever happened. Also, to Max, Chloe means a lot to her, and only Chloe knows everything that happened. Also I feel like the storm covered up for the fact that Chloe was alive in the first place, and she wouldn't keep dying afterwards. That game gave me so much feels :cry2:
    Ohhhhh, so it HAS been confirmed, how exciting!! I mostly just heard rumours through tumblr
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Ahhh that's fair, the game definitely allows for people to sum up their own theories about the game. It was absolutely an emotional ride from start to finish, I mean, poor Kate! I was so determined to save her the moment I noticed what was going on with her and her story is so relevant these day too...

ReputationRep:
    Damn, I liked Nathan Drakes girlfriend. That story arc in Uncharted 2 was immense.

The main protagonist from Assassins Creed Liberation also good.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by That Bearded Man)
    Damn, I liked Nathan Drakes girlfriend. That story arc in Uncharted 2 was immense.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Good shout!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nicoley-oley)
    Ohhhhh, so it HAS been confirmed, how exciting!! I mostly just heard rumours through tumblr
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Ahhh that's fair, the game definitely allows for people to sum up their own theories about the game. It was absolutely an emotional ride from start to finish, I mean, poor Kate! I was so determined to save her the moment I noticed what was going on with her and her story is so relevant these day too...
    Very exciting! :woo:Tumblr is life to be honest :daydreaming:.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Exactly!
    I'm so glad Kate became stronger throughout the game (that is if you prevent her from jumping). Mr Jefferson is probably the most evil character I can think of. Yes exactly about Kate, and it's sad to know how people in real life are suffering like Kate.

ReputationRep:
    Very exciting! :woo:Tumblr is life to be honest :daydreaming:.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Exactly!
    I'm so glad Kate became stronger throughout the game (that is if you prevent her from jumping). Mr Jefferson is probably the most evil character I can think of. Yes exactly about Kate, and it's sad to know how people in real life are suffering like Kate.
    Haha tumblr is the reason I have no life tbh
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I've played through the game like 10 times and I cannot bring myself to letting her jump, I guess I just understand her pain in a way, a lot of us have been there I suppose (perhaps not to that extreme)

Oh also! The scene when they find Rachel literally made me cry! I thought that was a super strong scene, a game hasn't moved me/shocked me so much since The Last of Us :'D
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Haha tumblr is the reason I have no life tbh
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I've played through the game like 10 times and I cannot bring myself to letting her jump, I guess I just understand her pain in a way, a lot of us have been there I suppose (perhaps not to that extreme)

Oh also! The scene when they find Rachel literally made me cry! I thought that was a super strong scene, a game hasn't moved me/shocked me so much since The Last of Us :'D
    Same, and I love/regret making an account for that reason since I'm addicted to it :emo:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Same, I just watched videos on YouTube to see what happened if she jumped etc.
    Oh gurl :hugs:

YES, and the music. The ****ING MUSIC is so powerful/emotional and fits into the scene so well. And it's like you were personally Rachel's friend or something so you feel so shocked when you find out what happened to her. The scene that I actually cried for the second time in gaming history and in 2 years, was the scene where Max listens to Nathan's voice note. It was just so powerful and you understand how Nathan did not want all of this to happen. Nathan isn't really a bad guy in terms of morals; he didn't really have anyone who cared, and the only person who seemed to "care" was Mr Jefferson, who was probably like some father figure.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BobbyFlay)
    You seem to have a thing for Metal Gear...
    Have you considered playing non-sexualised video games?
    Like this:

Damn. You beat me to it. Jade is my forever favorite video game character. I play BG&E at least once every year. Since It's now 2016 I'm preparing myself to sit down properly and play the game again. Primal's main protagonist Jennifer is also another favorite female character of mine. I recommend playing the game.

ReputationRep:
    Rikku

especially when you respecced her to magic. Uber agility + multi-cast ultima = game over.

ReputationRep:
    Same, and I love/regret making an account for that reason since I'm addicted to it :emo:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Same, I just watched videos on YouTube to see what happened if she jumped etc.
    Oh gurl :hugs:

YES, and the music. The ****ING MUSIC is so powerful/emotional and fits into the scene so well. And it's like you were personally Rachel's friend or something so you feel so shocked when you find out what happened to her. The scene that I actually cried for the second time in gaming history and in 2 years, was the scene where Max listens to Nathan's voice note. It was just so powerful and you understand how Nathan did not want all of this to happen. Nathan isn't really a bad guy in terms of morals; he didn't really have anyone who cared, and the only person who seemed to "care" was Mr Jefferson, who was probably like some father figure.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Ohhh you're right, at that point Nathan was supposedly 'disposed of', so it was even more sad, through the whole game I knew he was just a troubled ********, so I never made it personal with him... But damnnn Jeffersonnnnnn, I whole heartedly trusted him until THAT scene, though it made me lol that he did the traditional villain monologue to max

ReputationRep:
    There are no good female characters in any game
    Spoiler:
    Show
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Ohhh you're right, at that point Nathan was supposedly 'disposed of', so it was even more sad, through the whole game I knew he was just a troubled ********, so I never made it personal with him... But damnnn Jeffersonnnnnn, I whole heartedly trusted him until THAT scene, though it made me lol that he did the traditional villain monologue to max
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I guess, but for me I feel like I can relate more to Nathan, in terms of feeling neglected and having a dad who just gives you money to shut you up...
    ANYWAY exactly! I was so surprised since he managed to hide it pretty well :lol:. I was doubting David the majority of the time, but he was actually an angel!

ReputationRep:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I guess, but for me I feel like I can relate more to Nathan, in terms of feeling neglected and having a dad who just gives you money to shut you up...
    ANYWAY exactly! I was so surprised since he managed to hide it pretty well :lol:. I was doubting David the majority of the time, but he was actually an angel!
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Nawww!

I felt horrible for David when I managed to get him kicked out by Joy and when he said how much he loves his family you can really see that he's actually a pretty stand up guy and THENNN when he comes to rescue max, damn, kudos to David for turning his archetype around in just a couple of scenes

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Diplomat.)
    Spoiler:
    Show

ReputationRep:
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    What is a "female"? Is that a type of mod or texture pack? xD
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Nawww!

I felt horrible for David when I managed to get him kicked out by Joy and when he said how much he loves his family you can really see that he's actually a pretty stand up guy and THENNN when he comes to rescue max, damn, kudos to David for turning his archetype around in just a couple of scenes
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Pretty much :lol:
    He really did care about Chloe as well as Joy. Like when he found out Chloe was dead (if you chose the option to tell the truth to David) and his voice just breaks and he sounds so heart broken .
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    I don't know but they're the best at this game:
    X
    :/

ReputationRep:
    :/

ReputationRep:
    I don't know but they're the best at this game:
    HAHAHAAHAHHAHA :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2:

ReputationRep:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Pretty much :lol:
    He really did care about Chloe as well as Joy. Like when he found out Chloe was dead (if you chose the option to tell the truth to David) and his voice just breaks and he sounds so heart broken .
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Omg I did tell him and I so regret it, I felt like I was the one who killed her with how guilty it made me feel, bless him...

Ohhh also, did you ship max and warren?? My friend was so against them that she shot him down at every opportunity XD

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.