Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

What information is there on student loans for postgraduate UK students studying 2016/2017?

I know the government has supposedly said they will start doing loans but I'm struggling to find much information on it.

ReputationRep:
    So far the only information I know is that the loan is up to 10,000

ReputationRep:
    There's nothing official beyond the original white paper and amendments in the Autumn Statement, if you can wade through the government jargon.

I believe that there are a couple of plain English summaries of these online somewhere.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    I've not found much either. When more official information has been announced, I can add it to the sticky at the top of the forum.

ReputationRep:
    To add to my comment above, this is the summary from the findamasters website:
    http://www.findamasters.com/funding/...ns-scheme.aspx

Bear in mind that the above is a third party website. There's still no reference to postgraduate loans on the government's own official .gov.uk web page about postgraduate funding, which hasn't been updated since Nov 2014. Hopefully more will appear here in due course:
    https://www.gov.uk/funding-for-postgraduate-study

The Student Finance application system for undergrad funding looks like it's opening later this year, at the end of February (it was the end of January last year). I'm hopeful that postgrad funding will kick off in earnest at the same time.

Basically, watch this space.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.