Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Horse bugs!! Help me! Watch

Announcements

I'm not a horsey person but today I saved the life of a horse I found which was neglected and starving in the snow. It had these little bug things in its hair some of which have transferred themselves to my hair.

What are they? And how do I rid myself of them?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I'm not a horsey person but today I saved the life of a horse I found which was neglected and starving in the snow. It had these little bug things in its hair some of which have transferred themselves to my hair.

What are they? And how do I rid myself of them?
    Might be fleas or ticks... Go to your vets or doctors.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm sorry to be the one to tell you this, but over the next few days you will slowly transform into a horse.

(Original post by Dr Pesto)
    I'm sorry to be the one to tell you this, but over the next few days you will slowly transform into a horse.
    Ah well, at least I'll avoid the disappointment of exam results and it'll be easier for me to lose weight.

ReputationRep:
    Ah well, at least I'll avoid the disappointment of exam results and it'll be easier for me to lose weight.
    Why the long face?

(Original post by TSRian123454321)
    Are you trying to stirrup trouble?
    That can't be the mane reason he's here though

(Original post by TSRian123454321)
    Maybe he is so saddle try to spread it everywhere.
    He won't just trot all over the place doing that will he?

ReputationRep:
    Google ticks...if its these then go immediately to a doctors so they can be properly removed because they can carry disease (Lyme) however its unlikely to be these in such a large quantaty...likely to be fleas but obvs I can't say without seeing...:/

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's all okay now, I brushed them out and washed my hair twice and they're all gone.

ReputationRep:
    It's all okay now, I brushed them out and washed my hair twice and they're all gone.
    And the horse? Because if the bugs are latched on to the skin, they're ticks and you need to get them removed from the horse (they can carry tick-bourne infections or could even be paralysis ticks, although this is unlikely). Either way, fleas or ticks, the horse needs treatment for it, along with a check-up...

(Original post by iShaz_)
    And the horse? Because if the bugs are latched on to the skin, they're ticks and you need to get them removed from the horse (they can carry tick-bourne infections or could even be paralysis ticks, although this is unlikely). Either way, fleas or ticks, the horse needs treatment for it, along with a check-up...
    It's not my horse, I just found it and took it from the field and called the vets. They'll be taking care of it.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 17, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.