Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Am I fat shaming this person? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blue_Mason)
    No need to insult me
    Oh, so now you don't like it when it's the other way round. Don't call other people fat and no one will call you a ********

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HappyLifting)
    Glad you agree with me on that part.

If someone I cared about was ill then they would be treated. My family is fairly wealthy and so could afford it.
    That's all great and all, but what about those who can't afford it? What about other families?
    Your family, through no fault of their own could lose all their wealth (poor health, unable to work etc.) , and if you had your way RE: privatisation you'd be ****ed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fr0sr_)
    That's all great and all, but what about those who can't afford it? What about other families?
    Your family, through no fault of their own could lose all their wealth (poor health, unable to work etc.) , and if you had your way RE: privatisation you'd be ****ed.
    Private healthcare = better standard of healthcare also doctors wont be striking all the time wasting our money......

The idea is that the government would provide afordable healthcare like they do in america, Obamacare...

ReputationRep:
    I believe that people should be advised for their own good, as it is not sexy nor natural to be overweight.
    As an overweight person now successfully losing weight, I agree that overweight individuals should be supported and advised about their weight. When people told me that I wasn't fat as a white lie, it instilled this mindset of "yeah, I'm a little overweight, but I'm fine". It wasn't until I gained more weight and people looked at me, saying "you've ballooned" or simply "you've put on a lot of weight" that I was truly able to turn it around. Started eating clean and in much smaller portions, going to the gym a lot more and simply being more active.

Seriously, I've been there, and I can safely say that overweight people really ought to be reminded of their weight. It was in those lulls where I forgot about my weight where I would go and fill my body with some unhealthy crap like coca-cola and confectionary.

Don't be a total ****, but if you see an overweight person ordering a cheeseburger/coke, you should let them know about their weight out of concern for their health. If you're overweight, you shouldn't eat/drink crap until you're a healthy weight again.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ForgetMe)
    Oh, so now you don't like it when it's the other way round. Don't call other people fat and no one will call you a ********

Firstly you have no right to call me a ********.
    Secondly you're very rude and ignorant.

ReputationRep:
    It is not about looking sexy, as I rarely find the women on the streets that I would consider to be sexy.
    Point is there is no reason to be fat,as being fat is a borderline mental illness.
    In his defence, we are taught that women are meant to take more pride in their appearance, so bring fat is a not on.
    I am not sure from it it originally stem from,but it is what it is.
    Name:  Untitled.png
Views: 69
Size:  6.4 KB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _Bright Eyes)
    Name:  Untitled.png
Views: 69
Size:  6.4 KB

Again, why the need to insult me?
    By insulting me, you're only insulting yourself.

ReputationRep:
    Firstly you have no right to call me a ********.
    Secondly you're very rude and ignorant.
    Well, who said you have the right to call other people fat then?

ReputationRep:
    Well, who said you have the right to call other people fat then?

Freedom of speech, I have that right.

ReputationRep:
    Freedom of speech, I have that right.
    Then why are you feeling offended when I've used my free speech?

ReputationRep:
    Then why are you feeling offended when I've used my free speech?

Because you called me a ********

ReputationRep:
    Depends how you said it

ReputationRep:
    Because you called me a ********
    You called someone else fat :erm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kaytaylou)
    Depends how you said it
    No it doesn't. Unsolicited comments on someone's body is always unacceptable.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SmallTownGirl)
    No it doesn't. Unsolicited comments on someone's body is always unacceptable.
    Would you tell a smoker that smoking kills you and it's disgusting?
    Would you tell someone that drinking alcohol frequently is dangerous?
    Would you tell someone who had an eating disorder that they weren't eating enough and they needed help?

Some people need a kick up the backside. Usually fat people can get depressed or blind about their size, and don't realise what their problem is like because people don't react to it. Obese people obviously have an addiction to eating, everyone is so quick to comment on others addictions whether it be smoking, drugs, alcohol, eating disorders. Why is weight any different? Why are there different rules for fat people - people are so quick to comment on skinny people who can't gain weight and say it's all bull. It's not about it being not attractive, it's about your health. Most fat people say that they can't lose weight because health problems, lol, obesity puts so much strain on the NHS. Under 1% of overweight people have problems with their typhoid which cause them to gain weight and genetic disorders such as prader-willi are extremely rare. Eating food is necessary but not in huge portions. No one is saying be a size 8 skinny mini, but if you're overweight you're putting yourself at a higher risk of diabetes, heart disease, lower mortality and many other complications. Some people can eat whatever they want and are skinny and fat people just need to accept that it isn't them and they need to get over it. It's not bloody difficult to exercise, could be cycling to work or college instead of driving, you don't have to have an expensive gym membership there are so many fitness videos on YouTube that could be used to build up fitness. It's upsetting carrying all the extra weight and can be emotionally draining but you're the only person who can change yourself and if it takes over people's comments to do it so be it. Prove to the people that call you fat that you have the will power to become super healthy and slim and hot. It's difficult to stay motivated but it's all worth it in the end - if you have kids later in your life, do you really wanna be sitting on that park bench spluttering because you're too out of breath to play with your kids?

And before you say I'm some kind of fat person hater and all this bull, I used to be fat myself and I know it makes you feel like utter crap. I used to get called fat by boys. It makes you realise that you need to change your ways and yeah it's worth it. Their comments may have just been malicious but it made me want to prove to all of these people that I had the motivation and the willpower to change my life for the better. Yeah it's not fair that some people can eat a full tub of ice cream and not gain an ounce, but we're all different and have different metabolisms. But it's life and you have to deal with it.

I don't think it's fair to call young children fat because that's not their fault - it's the fat parents who kill their children by feeding them crap instead of watching their calories and make them healthy meals.

ReputationRep:
    It's only shaming if you attempt to shame them. What you were certainly doing was interfering*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kaytaylou)
    Would you tell a smoker that smoking kills you and it's disgusting?
    Would you tell someone that drinking alcohol frequently is dangerous?
    Would you tell someone who had an eating disorder that they weren't eating enough and they needed help?

Some people need a kick up the backside. Usually fat people can get depressed or blind about their size, and don't realise what their problem is like because people don't react to it. Obese people obviously have an addiction to eating, everyone is so quick to comment on others addictions whether it be smoking, drugs, alcohol, eating disorders. Why is weight any different? Why are there different rules for fat people - people are so quick to comment on skinny people who can't gain weight and say it's all bull. It's not about it being not attractive, it's about your health. Most fat people say that they can't lose weight because health problems, lol, obesity puts so much strain on the NHS. Under 1% of overweight people have problems with their typhoid which cause them to gain weight and genetic disorders such as prader-willi are extremely rare. Eating food is necessary but not in huge portions. No one is saying be a size 8 skinny mini, but if you're overweight you're putting yourself at a higher risk of diabetes, heart disease, lower mortality and many other complications. Some people can eat whatever they want and are skinny and fat people just need to accept that it isn't them and they need to get over it. It's not bloody difficult to exercise, could be cycling to work or college instead of driving, you don't have to have an expensive gym membership there are so many fitness videos on YouTube that could be used to build up fitness. It's upsetting carrying all the extra weight and can be emotionally draining but you're the only person who can change yourself and if it takes over people's comments to do it so be it. Prove to the people that call you fat that you have the will power to become super healthy and slim and hot. It's difficult to stay motivated but it's all worth it in the end - if you have kids later in your life, do you really wanna be sitting on that park bench spluttering because you're too out of breath to play with your kids?

And before you say I'm some kind of fat person hater and all this bull, I used to be fat myself and I know it makes you feel like utter crap. I used to get called fat by boys. It makes you realise that you need to change your ways and yeah it's worth it. Their comments may have just been malicious but it made me want to prove to all of these people that I had the motivation and the willpower to change my life for the better. Yeah it's not fair that some people can eat a full tub of ice cream and not gain an ounce, but we're all different and have different metabolisms. But it's life and you have to deal with it.

I don't think it's fair to call young children fat because that's not their fault - it's the fat parents who kill their children by feeding them crap instead of watching their calories and make them healthy meals.
    I have an eating disorder. You still don't get to comment on my body.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.