Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Go to Russia?....Not even once Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Don'tworryME)
    "Quick question: do you happen to live in Russia? You do realized cameramen get paid to walk around searching for the best displays of violence, right? Is that supposed to represent Russia as a whole?"

No, i live in UK. It shows that Russia is promoting discrimination. There are countries where if the same thing would be done there would be no violence at all. The video is to show how badly gay people are treated by the Russian community. Yes, it's part of their traditional culture, but it still does not make it right, there is no way discrimination is ever right. I for example dislike black and Muslim people to a certain extent, but i keep it to myself for most of the part. It's fine to hold such views but not shove them to peoples faces. There is a MASSIVE difference.Neither the West or the East are right or wrong. They both have their advantages and disadvantages so i am not blaming either side.

"I could easily walk in the bad streets of the USA, film the nasty parts, then claim that is what it is like to be x in America."
    Of course you would have to go to BAD STREETS because you otherwise would NOT find such behavior on your average street in USA. See the difference? you try to defend this behavior by saying that not all Russian citizens are like that, while that might be true, the MAJORITY of Russians dislike LGBT. While some are more tolerant than others. Since you think it's ok because it's part of their culture i assume you don't have anything wrong against how women are badly treated in the Middle East right? or am i wrong? i mean they are also very traditional and conservative, but that doesn't mean they are crappy right?

You try to claim that it's normal to mistreat people in today's day while it's clear their actions are wrong since the society has advanced and is much more open minded than it was 20 years ago. I am not going to comment on the links you posted to me as they are obviously a source of foolish information that contain a bunch of bigots trying to sugarcoat their actions and claim to promote equality by restricting people to express their freedom. Putin is apparently blaming parts of America for not allowing Gays to write a book? Does that meant to equate with being able to live your live openly?

LOL EPIC FAIL on that part.
    I am not defending 10-15 Russian individual's actions. I don't believe they represent millions of Russians citizens. Uh, most of the Russians are pro-traditional marriage/couples just as most of the USA/UK is anti-incest. You can't shove your views in anyone's face if the rest of everyone else believes in your views. No offense, but isn't trying to organize LGBT gay parades or trying to show off homosexuality in the Russia world where most of the citizens want nothing to do with it shoving it up Russia's faces?

The average street does not represent the bad street. It all depends on what street you're currently living at that depends on the reactions you'll get. Traditional values themselves does not make a country crappy. I'm sure the UK has some traditional values. Women mistreatment and gay mistreatment are kind of different. The Lgbt is trying to make homosexuality in an anti gay country more gay friendly and that is probably not going to happen anytime soon. If you know your country will not approve of your lifestyle then I don't think it is wise to do it in public. Middle East is a whole different ball park to me. In some parts of the Middle East women are getting "honor murdered", rape, and force into marriages because they're female from birth. Traditional + conservation =/= crappy.

Who said it was normal? You added that part, not me. I can't take responsibility for the words you're adding. From what i heard is that gays are allowed to do whatever just don't encourage it or promote it to the kids, mkay?
    I'm not defending anyone's actions, I'm just annoyed with people hating on a country based on whether the're gay friendly or not based on no knowledge on culture.

ReputationRep:
    Been there; loved it.

- Beautiful women;
    - Good food;
    - Amazing night life.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Macy1998)
    I am not defending 10-15 Russian individual's actions. I don't believe they represent millions of Russians citizens. Uh, most of the Russians are pro-traditional marriage/couples just as most of the USA/UK is anti-incest. You can't shove your views in anyone's face if the rest of everyone else believes in your views. No offense, but isn't trying to organize LGBT gay parades or trying to show off homosexuality in the Russia world where most of the citizens want nothing to do with it shoving it up Russia's faces?

The average street does not represent the bad street. It all depends on what street you're currently living at that depends on the reactions you'll get. Traditional values themselves does not make a country crappy. I'm sure the UK has some traditional values. Women mistreatment and gay mistreatment are kind of different. The Lgbt is trying to make homosexuality in an anti gay country more gay friendly and that is probably not going to happen anytime soon. If you know your country will not approve of your lifestyle then I don't think it is wise to do it in public. Middle East is a whole different ball park to me. In some parts of the Middle East women are getting "honor murdered", rape, and force into marriages because they're female from birth. Traditional + conservation =/= crappy.

Who said it was normal? You added that part, not me. I can't take responsibility for the words you're adding. From what i heard is that gays are allowed to do whatever just don't encourage it or promote it to the kids, mkay?
    I'm not defending anyone's actions, I'm just annoyed with people hating on a country based on whether the're gay friendly or not based on no knowledge on culture.
    "You can't shove your views in anyone's face if the rest of everyone else believes in your views. "
    Russia is not the whole world, unfortunately. You fail to understand that even if the video was made in 10 different streets of Russia, the result would be the same because the whole country is influenced by it's culture. So freedom of expression is wrong then? how mesmerizing.

"Women mistreatment and gay mistreatment are kind of different. "
    LOL this statement just contradicts everything you say. Ohh, really? and how exactly is it different? culture shock maybe?? you are here preaching about how Russia has a totally different culture and that people should respect it because of it's traditional beliefs, but when it comes to women it's different? how so? Middle east has traditional values that are influenced based on their culture and therefore women have to act accordingly. There is no difference between the mistreatment of gays and women, they both have the same roots. This proves that you are either biased towards Russia or that you are sexist. Sorry but that's the hard truth since the links you gave me support my views. Just because a country does not support feminism it's crappy right? ohh don't you say, i believe if the country does not support women rights then women should keep out of it and stay in the west instead of trying to infect it with their feminist views. You see? i am your logic against yours, do you like it? Should they get rid of their traditional beliefs just because women are worshiped in UK/USA?

"I'm just annoyed with people hating on a country based on whether the're gay friendly or not based on no knowledge on culture."
    LOL fail again. That's a very hypocritical comment since you yourself don't understand the culture of Middle East. You are criticizing the culture in Middle East while justifying Russians extreme way of dealing with gay people. I do however respect other countries cultures even tough i disagree with some, i don't whine or preach about it. But i do have an opinion on them. I even dislike certain nationalities because of their views as well as races and religions. There is nothing wrong with it. But if you decided to act like a barbarian (notice this applies to Middle East as well) then i have no respect for you, culture or not.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Don'tworryME)
    "You can't shove your views in anyone's face if the rest of everyone else believes in your views. "
    Russia is not the whole world, unfortunately. You fail to understand that even if the video was made in 10 different streets of Russia, the result would be the same because the whole country is influenced by it's culture. So freedom of expression is wrong then? how mesmerizing.

"Women mistreatment and gay mistreatment are kind of different. "
    LOL this statement just contradicts everything you say. Ohh, really? and how exactly is it different? culture shock maybe?? you are here preaching about how Russia has a totally different culture and that people should respect it because of it's traditional beliefs, but when it comes to women it's different? how so? Middle east has traditional values that are influenced based on their culture and therefore women have to act accordingly. There is no difference between the mistreatment of gays and women, they both have the same roots. This proves that you are either biased towards Russia or that you are sexist. Sorry but that's the hard truth since the links you gave me support my views. Just because a country does not support feminism it's crappy right? ohh don't you say, i believe if the country does not support women rights then women should keep out of it and stay in the west instead of trying to infect it with their feminist views. You see? i am your logic against yours, do you like it? Should they get rid of their traditional beliefs just because women are worshiped in UK/USA?

"I'm just annoyed with people hating on a country based on whether the're gay friendly or not based on no knowledge on culture."
    LOL fail again. That's a very hypocritical comment since you yourself don't understand the culture of Middle East. You are criticizing the culture in Middle East while justifying Russians extreme way of dealing with gay people. I do however respect other countries cultures even tough i disagree with some, i don't whine or preach about it. But i do have an opinion on them. I even dislike certain nationalities because of their views as well as races and religions. There is nothing wrong with it. But if you decided to act like a barbarian (notice this applies to Middle East as well) then i have no respect for you, culture or not.
    I'm talking about Russia, not the whole wide world. That is what we're talking about right? The freedom to live your way of life in your own country? Are there only 10 streets in Russia? I thought Russia was huge, lol.

Yeah, women mistreatment and gay mistreatment have differences. Is it not completely the same. What is wrong about stating that? I guess I'm preaching that people should understand that Russia has a different way of life and values system than us Westerners. Homosexuality always existed but it wasn't something out and about. Women on the other hand were more like "property".
    I understand you're making a comparison but its okay to admit there are differences. Wow, when sexism come into play? Lol. Where is your real evidence to prove I'm sexist or biased?

Do you not think you're biased by watching a video that its intention is to paint an image of Russia? No, you're not biased at all. That actually isn't my logic at all. That is you interpreted it in your own mind when hearing other's people views. Either pretend Russia is a stinkhole because it doesn't align with your political views on the LGBT. Oh, yeah. You're the expert on Russian's behavior after watching a couple video or reading articles done by individuals. Educate me more, teacher!

You don't like people because you have trouble separating your political views from theirs? So tolerant. A true tolerant you are, lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Macy1998)
    I'm talking about Russia, not the whole wide world. That is what we're talking about right? The freedom to live your way of life in your own country? Are there only 10 streets in Russia? I thought Russia was huge, lol.

Yeah, women mistreatment and gay mistreatment have differences. Is it not completely the same. What is wrong about stating that? I guess I'm preaching that people should understand that Russia has a different way of life and values system than us Westerners. Homosexuality always existed but it wasn't something out and about. Women on the other hand were more like "property".
    I understand you're making a comparison but its okay to admit there are differences. Wow, when sexism come into play? Lol. Where is your real evidence to prove I'm sexist or biased?

Do you not think you're biased by watching a video that its intention is to paint an image of Russia? No, you're not biased at all. That actually isn't my logic at all. That is you interpreted it in your own mind when hearing other's people views. Either pretend Russia is a stinkhole because it doesn't align with your political views on the LGBT. Oh, yeah. You're the expert on Russian's behavior after watching a couple video or reading articles done by individuals. Educate me more, teacher!

You don't like people because you have trouble separating your political views from theirs? So tolerant. A true tolerant you are, lol.
    "I'm talking about Russia, not the whole wide world. That is what we're talking about right? The freedom to live your way of life in your own country? Are there only 10 streets in Russia? I thought Russia was huge, lol"

Oh dear, you are so delusional honey in trying to defend Russia that it's getting embarrassing now considering the evidence that the majority of the population detest gays, about 75% polls shown and therefore i am not going to discuss that with you anymore.

"Yeah, women mistreatment and gay mistreatment have differences. Is it not completely the same. What is wrong about stating that? I guess I'm preaching that people should understand that Russia has a different way of life and values system than us Westerners. Homosexuality always existed but it wasn't something out and about. Women on the other hand were more like "property".

Why does it matter if if homosexuality was something out and about? that is irrelevant. How you are treated is also irrelevant because there are different forms of discrimination, whether you are being treated as property, or being not allowed to go out on the streets at night, or verbally abused or so on it all stems from the same roots which you FAIL to get grasp of due to your own hypocrisy. The roots stem from different cultures and and ways of living, which is different in every country, but i guess we should only respect the culture of the countries you like don't you? Middle East should not follow their culture and should change to ours but Russia is free to do as they wish right? do you see how biased you are? The only difference here between Middle East and Russia is that they have different cultures. Women have also been mistreated for a long time until the past few decades.

"Do you not think you're biased by watching a video that its intention is to paint an image of Russia? No, you're not biased at all. That actually isn't my logic at all. That is you interpreted it in your own mind when hearing other's people views. Either pretend Russia is a stinkhole because it doesn't align with your political views on the LGBT. Oh, yeah. You're the expert on Russian's behavior after watching a couple video or reading articles done by individuals. Educate me more, teacher!"

Why do you think that's the purpose of the video? it simply shows the ways gays are treated in Russia, it is not trying to make Russia look bad, but that's the way people behave in Russia, it's a random sample that was documented meaning this could happen anywhere in Russia, not only in the parts it was filmed. Btw the video shows several different places in Russia. LOL at the articles comment, when YOU gave me links that contained articles that were written by Russian bigots that tried to justify their mistreatment of gays by using pathetic excuses while being presumptions about the reality, EPIC FAIL once again darling. Why do you think whole Middle East is mistreating women? duh you are such an expert on their behavior, just exceptional!

You can disagree with peoples views but don't go into extremes like Russians are.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.