Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter

    I was wondering would I get away with bringing my travel hob in from home to make things like pasta, bacon sandwiches etc (thinks you do on a hob), for my room in halls?

    I would use the kitchen but its disgusting and the hob is covered in tabacco and grease. Every time I clean it, it gets dirty again within a couple days and I'm always the only one to clean it!

    I already have my own kettle and toaster in my room haha, wondering if I could add to that.

    If this is a serious question then no that definitely wouldn't be allowed.

    I guess you could just use it and most likely nobody would find out. But it's risky to use a hob in your room - you could injure yourself and potentially start a fire.

    The solution is to store the hob in your room and then take it to the kitchen when you need it. A bit of hassle but would ensure you get to cook your food on a clean hob.

    Why is their tobacco on the kitchen hob?!

    You won't be allowed it. Depends if you think you can manage not to have a horrible accident with it......and hide it when inspections happen. I wouldn't do it though.
How are you feeling about your exams?
Find out more

Accommodation profiles:

Downing Students

Universal Student Living

“Over 25 years of perfecting the student accommodation experience. Downing Students. Accommodation Made for you”

Prodigy Living

Prodigy Living

Accommodation in 15 cities across the UK, with 24 sites providing modern, stylish en suite and studio rooms close to the major universities.

iQ Student Accommodation

iQ Student Accommodation

Great value student rooms in city centre locations all across the UK

X1 Lettings

X1 Lettings

Luxury student accommodation in Liverpool & Manchester.

Collegiate Accommodation

Collegiate Accommodation

"This is student living. Just better."

Scape Student Living

Study Inn

Providing stunning high quality, boutique student accommodation throughout the UK

The Student Housing Company

The Student Housing Company

Award-winning student accommodation across the UK.


Student accommodation articles What to take to uniDo I need a TV licence?

Quick link:

Unanswered student accommodation threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.