Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Unlocking your inner Awesome Genius Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Everyone has an awesome genius inside of them (not in a creepy way). I mean that everyone has the ability to outperform their peers, humiliate their rivals and generally dominate their sphere.

All they need to do is change the way they think.

A few years ago, I was fat. I was also heading for a 2:2 in my degree - not having much motivation after finding out that there also other people in the world that get 100 UMS on even the toughest of A2 modules. Starting at Oxford, I felt like a small fish in a big pond. I felt so utterly average. It got me depressed. And many of you out there right now are depressed for similar reasons - because you realise that the challenges before you are difficult and you aren't guaranteed anything.

There were three main things, three ways I changed my thinking, that really helped me.

1. Remember that nearly everyone is in the same boat!!!! Your rivals, your peers, people who show off and appear to beat you are all going through the same struggles. Don't make yourself into a victim of some "unfairness" that only affects you. Because that's how people eventually accept failure. You have to remember that the other guy is going through all the same struggles. Once you accept that and reject excuses, you automatically become more likely to succeed.

2. Break down large tasks into a series of much smaller ones and only concentrate on each small task as it comes. Too many times I used to give up on things because I felt the weight of the challenges ahead on my shoulders. I used to basically work against myself. I then stopped thinking about all that lay ahead and started focusing on very small, nearby targets. Chipping away on these targets helps you to achieve the big target. You don't build walls, you lay bricks.

3. And finally, dont let other people tell you something isn't possible for you. People are mostly quite sad and jealous creatures. They can't see it for themselves or for their children so they tell you that you can't do it. It is so easy to feel that you're wasting your time when people tell you to not even bother. Ignore these people. Try it anyway, do it anyway. I have found that I have learnt so many valuable things from my failures that have gone on to be critical factors in my successes.

There you are. Some tips to unlocking your own Awesome Genius!

ReputationRep:
    I prefer my inner Mayhem, thanks.

ReputationRep:
    True words are spoken folks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Awesome Genius)
    Everyone has an awesome genius inside of them (not in a creepy way). I mean that everyone has the ability to outperform their peers, humiliate their rivals and generally dominate their sphere.

All they need to do is change the way they think.

A few years ago, I was fat. I was also heading for a 2:2 in my degree - not having much motivation after finding out that there also other people in the world that get 100 UMS on even the toughest of A2 modules. Starting at Oxford, I felt like a small fish in a big pond. I felt so utterly average. It got me depressed. And many of you out there right now are depressed for similar reasons - because you realise that the challenges before you are difficult and you aren't guaranteed anything.

There were three main things, three ways I changed my thinking, that really helped me.

1. Remember that nearly everyone is in the same boat!!!! Your rivals, your peers, people who show off and appear to beat you are all going through the same struggles. Don't make yourself into a victim of some "unfairness" that only affects you. Because that's how people eventually accept failure. You have to remember that the other guy is going through all the same struggles. Once you accept that and reject excuses, you automatically become more likely to succeed.

2. Break down large tasks into a series of much smaller ones and only concentrate on each small task as it comes. Too many times I used to give up on things because I felt the weight of the challenges ahead on my shoulders. I used to basically work against myself. I then stopped thinking about all that lay ahead and started focusing on very small, nearby targets. Chipping away on these targets helps you to achieve the big target. You don't build walls, you lay bricks.

3. And finally, dont let other people tell you something isn't possible for you. People are mostly quite sad and jealous creatures. They can't see it for themselves or for their children so they tell you that you can't do it. It is so easy to feel that you're wasting your time when people tell you to not even bother. Ignore these people. Try it anyway, do it anyway. I have found that I have learnt so many valuable things from my failures that have gone on to be critical factors in my successes.

There you are. Some tips to unlocking your own Awesome Genius!
    Wow, this is amazing. Thanks for posting this, do you mind if I add it to my Inspirational thread?

ReputationRep:
    Thx bro now i feel so smart omg 1+1=3 i so amzing ;OOOOO

ReputationRep:
    I think this will be the first AG thread the mods approve of

ReputationRep:
    I don't think any sane person would want to attempt to imitate you in any form or way.

No one aspires to be a compulsive liar who spends the majority of their time on a student forum while claiming to be a rich doctor who works locum.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Awesome Genius)
    X
    Can you post new pics of your Porsche?

ReputationRep:
    i havent got it yet. Its due in April!

(Original post by Josb)
    Can you post new pics of your Porsche?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by High Stakes)
    I don't think any sane person would want to attempt to imitate you in any form or way.

No one aspires to be a compulsive liar who spends the majority of their time on a student forum while claiming to be a rich doctor who works locum.
    Don't be jelly and bitter.

Just because you find it hard to believe, doesn't make it a myth.

The guy could be legit.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    life's to short to read long threads

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by High Stakes)

I feel so sorry for you *sigh*

Go read my 'i saved a life' thread and see what three "verified" oxbridge medics said about me. (Chief Wiggum, Helenia, nexttime)

This is such a good post

Well done, Awesome

ReputationRep:
    Daym this is actually a good thread :yep:

ReputationRep:
    you're out of control

ReputationRep:
    This actually reminds me of that awesome alert video where that wizard guy says Awesome Genius is a motivator and role model for the TSR community.

ReputationRep:
    One day I wish I could have as big an imagination as Awesome Genius.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ya dunno.)
    Just because you find it hard to believe, doesn't make it a myth.

The guy could be legit.
    You must be new around here.

ReputationRep:
    What's more important, being awesome, or being a genius?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reue)
    You must be new around here.
    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 79
Size:  25.5 KB

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.