Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Lse Or Cass Reputations watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Was hapnin guys.

i need some advice.

I wana do a msc.Manageemnt, cass ask for £12,500 and their course is more vocational, but LSE ask about the same but it is more theoretical, but LSE has an amazing rep.

where shud i go?

kings ask for only £4,000, but dnt know what their departments like.

the main problem is money, which place wud be beta value for money in the long run?

ReputationRep:
    What is CASS?

(I think that answers your question.)

ReputationRep:
    what do you mean what is cass?

its supposed to a highly rated business school (I know city is crap but cass surely aint)

Do you people think its that crap.

why?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rjj)
    I mean exactly what I said. - what is CASS?

ReputationRep:
    Cass has a fantastic reputation amongst City firms, as does LSE. The choice should rest upon whether you feel you would get more out of a hands on course or out of a more academic course.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hornblower)
    I mean exactly what I said. - what is CASS?
    Cass Business school

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rjj)

its supposed to a highly rated business school (I know city is crap but cass surely aint)

Do you people think its that crap.

why?
    City is onle crap in some aspects, after all their law dept is strong, and they award the qualification following the BVC for the ICSL.

ReputationRep:
    ok thanks.

but what bout kings, its a good name but three times cheaper than cass.

or is cass or lse just a much beta investment (****ing expensive!)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rjj)
    ok thanks.

but what bout kings, its a good name but three times cheaper than cass.

or is cass or lse just a much beta investment (****ing expensive!)
    Never really hear much re: Kings as a big business course provider, so couldn't really comment. From working in the City, the main buzz places seem to be Said, Cass and LSE.

What is the 'official' title of the Kings business masters you are talking about?

ReputationRep:
    My aunt, who has worked in some amazing jobs in the U.S, Bermuda, BVI and the City (after going to LSE incidentally) tells me that as well as those mentioned - Cranfield and Warwick have amazing reputations for this kind of postgrad course.

ReputationRep:
    My brother did an undergraduate degree at Cass, it has a very good reputation and excellent links with big firms and is one of Britian's top Business Schools, though if you were thinking of going into Academia afterwards choose LSE.

ReputationRep:
    Go for LSE if ur willing to spend around that amount of money...u won't regret it.

ReputationRep:
    5 great picks, of which any one would be fine, with both a national and international reputation, (and without intending to do disservice to all the other fine business schools in the UK) would feature, in my opinion (and in no order whatsoever):

=Cranfield
    =LBS
    =LSE
    =Cass
    =Said

ReputationRep:
    what is SAID short for?

anyway, i have to stay in London.

But im just wondering if cass is trying to make money out of us.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rjj)
    what is SAID short for?

anyway, i have to stay in London.

But im just wondering if cass is trying to make money out of us.
    It is the name of the very very very rich benefactor who gifted Oxford £20m(?) to build a spanking new business school, which is kitted out to an international standard.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rjj)
    what is SAID short for?
    Nothing, it's Oxford's Business School, as in Port Said.

ReputationRep:
    From what I can remember, there was much controversy over the whole thing because the said benefactor (applause please :rolleyes: ) is an arms trader and has a bit of a murky past.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mobbdeeprob)
    From what I can remember, there was much controversy over the whole thing because the said benefactor (applause please :rolleyes: ) is an arms trader and has a bit of a murky past.
    Most rich people have a murky past.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lord Huntroyde)
    Most rich people have a murky past.
    Well, that is a difficult assertion to proove and I wouldn't necessarily go along with it myself. Arms traders, in particular though, seem to be typecasted as the devil incarnate in the media and in general opinion - it's a harsh fact which many people may refuse to accept, but modern society dictates that somebody has to sell guns. Afterall, it is a stong influence in keeping our balance books in the black.

Something tells me that Bill Gates wasn't faced with anything like the same backlash from Cambridge students that poor old Mr Said was from the Oxford folk. Yet, arguably, these two guys both deserve a slap on the wrists for their activities.

ReputationRep:
    By doing a MSC in something like Internal Auditing and Management as Cass, will that limit me to just that field, or do employers think people with a msc at a good business school is accepted whatever career field you wnt to go into.

Same for MSc. Management and the regulation of risk at LSE, is doesnt neccessarily confine you to just risk management will it?

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.