Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

B922 - State Calendar Bill 2016 Watch

Announcements
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PetrosAC)
    It's a Private Member Bill AND it's a Joke bill....
    AND had 4 hours spent on it
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jammy Duel)
    Damn you are a massive time waster, and it took that long?!
    (Original post by TheDefiniteArticle)
    You wasted FOUR. HOURS. on this!? :O
    All the Gaelic research and fully structuring my thoughts ment I spent 4 hours typing it up, it might have been closer to 5.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aph)
    All the Gaelic research and fully structuring my thoughts ment I spent 4 hours typing it up, it might have been closer to 5.
    There is a thing called "Google"
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    AND had 4 hours spent on it
    That, and this bill, have nothing to do with me, or my party, other than the fact that it was written by a member of the party. Seeing as it's not calling on the genocide of the elderly, I don't see much wrong with it.

It is a Nay though Aph
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    There is a thing called "Google"
    That's what I used...
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aph)
    That's what I used...
    So what took so long?
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PetrosAC)
    That, and this bill, have nothing to do with me, or my party, other than the fact that it was written by a member of the party. Seeing as it's not calling on the genocide of the elderly, I don't see much wrong with it.

It is a Nay though Aph
    But imagine the hazing of newbies!!! Having 0021 of all the bills as the date to confuse everyone and trying to get the CT to change the times in the MHoC to use this system
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    So what took so long?
    :dontknow:
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamestg)
    The loony Liberals are at it again...
    Its not a Liberal party bill.

I will however vote aye, because no Bill should go to Division and be whitewashed.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    I love the Romans so nay.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by balanced)
    I love the Romans so nay.
    What do the roamans have to do with it? The Gregorian calendar was made by the pope.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JoeL1994)
    Its not a Liberal party bill.

I will however vote aye, because no Bill should go to Division and be whitewashed.
    I would hope it won't be whitewashed because I would hope that Aph doesn't send it to division, or do you know that Aph is about to lose his seat?

ReputationRep:
    I would prefer a simpler more logical system of 13 months of 4 weeks of 7 days (364 days), where each month starts on a Monday and ends on a Sunday, and the extra day is simply known as New Years Day and does not belong to a month (month 0 for dd/mm/yy purposes so 01/00/17 for example). Leap Day would occur once every four years (except every 100 years or w/e it is with the Gregorian calendar) occurring immediately after New Years Day and being denoted as 02/00/yy.

You can name the weeks if you want, but I believe it would be unnecessary in this system as anyone with even the most basic grasp of numeracy would be able to determine which week a day of the month belonged to, therefore the only new name required would be for the 13th month (If you followed the pattern of using latin numbers, it would be called Undecimber, but it would be silly to call a new 13th month after the number 11 and also it could be mistaken for December, so I recommend the completely made up name Canember).

If you make these amendments, I may consider supporting your bill.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cBay)
    I would prefer a simpler more logical system of 13 months of 4 weeks of 7 days (364 days), where each month starts on a Monday and ends on a Sunday, and the extra day is simply known as New Years Day and does not belong to a month (month 0 for dd/mm/yy purposes so 01/00/17 for example). Leap Day would occur once every four years (except every 100 years or w/e it is with the Gregorian calendar) occurring immediately after New Years Day and being denoted as 02/00/yy.

You can name the weeks if you want, but I believe it would be unnecessary in this system as anyone with even the most basic grasp of numeracy would be able to determine which week a day of the month belonged to, therefore the only new name required would be for the 13th month (If you followed the pattern of using latin numbers, it would be called Undecimber, but it would be silly to call a new 13th month after the number 11 and also it could be mistaken for December, so I recommend the completely made up name Canember).

In I didn't know any better I'd say you got this from Dave Gorman.
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aph)
    PRSOM

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aph)
    Can't say I've ever heard of the name. Actually it is a system I devised myself and use in the novels I am writing, but I acknowledge I am far from the first to come up with the idea.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cBay)

Or you do it the ancient Egyptian way to have 12 months of 3 weeks of 10 days with 5 days of festivities at the beginning/end of the year (can't remember which) and extra days as appropriate.

ReputationRep:
    Or you do it the ancient Egyptian way to have 12 months of 3 weeks of 10 days with 5 days of festivities at the beginning/end of the year (can't remember which) and extra days as appropriate.
    A sensible suggestion, because that way you could keep the even number of months, ideal for things done on a quarterly basis. If you moved the start of the year forward a week or so, the five days of festivities could cover the winter solstice as well as christmas.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    No...
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    :facepalm: Why ? Just why ? , you really waste your time on this ? ..you need to get a life mate

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 21, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.