Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Head girl letter of application Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Would a couple of people mind just reading through this and telling me what you think? Also this is first draft so chances are there are punctuation errors and stuff

Dear [Teacher's Name],
    I am writing this to express my interest in the upcoming head girl position. It has been a goal of mine for a while to enter the head girl elections and over that time I have asked myself three questions as to why I want to be head girl:

How do I view the role of head girl?
    What would I want to achieve?
    What can I bring to the role?

For me, these three questions embody how I will approach the position of head girl and my goals for the position if I am elected.

How do I view to role of head girl?
    In short, the role of head girl to me is about giving back to and representing a school I am proud to have been a part of. Since my very first day in Year 7 to settling into sixth form life I have felt supported, encouraged and challenged to my fullest potential and I truly believe that the [school] ethos has made me into the hard working student I am today. The role would mean being able to provide the same support, the same encouragement, and the same voice to those who need it- just like I was. The role of head girl is also, as I am well aware, a very demanding role but one that I can only view as a rewarding one. I have never been one to shy away from a challenge and whilst many of the roles expected to be fulfilled by the head girl, like making speeches, have never been a large part of my school life, the prospect of these new challenges excites me.

If I were to be elected for head girl there are some things I already know I would like to improve, however one of the first things I would do is create a way for people to get their own ideas to me. As much as I would like to have the solutions to all the problems, I am not even aware of all the problems students may be facing and so it is of the utmost importance for me to be able to find out what those problems are, to actively move towards a solution.
    Some of my current ideas, which are talked about in more detail on my manifesto, include [idea, idea, and idea].
    I believe that to genuinely represent someone; or group of people, you have to be a part of them. You have to have their trust, and their belief that you will do what is right for them. Ultimately, this is my goal. To represent my peers to make their school experience as enjoyable, rewarding and as safe as mine was.

What would I bring to the role?
    During my time at [school] I have been an active member of the community, be it within extracurricular sports clubs, leadership roles or peer mentoring schemes. Over these years I have actively seeked out opportunities to learn and develop many characteristics vital to the role of head girl.
    My participation within extracurricular clubs has allowed me to work within teams, constantly building my ability to work within a team as a leader while still appreciating the views and opinions of others, as well as developing the self-assurance needed to take leadership roles, and therefore take responsibility of others and my own actions- something I believe to be an imperative skill for a head girl. Frequently stepping out of my comfort zone has also helped me to develop the drive and confidence needed to be a successful head girl. Some of my favourite experiences are those that scared me at first, for example taking part in my German Exchange and running for college captain in Year 11. Both these experiences were incredibly new to me but I greeted both with enthusiasm and determination to achieve something for myself, and I did. It goes without saying that I am treating the head girl elections with the same levels of enthusiasm and determination to make the whole process a possibility to learn. Being involved in mentoring schemes throughout my school life has allowed me to keep connected with the years below me, something I see as incredibly important to fully represent them. It has allowed me to become a role model on a small scale, something I take very seriously and will continue to uphold if I am elected head girl.

So what can I bring to the role of head girl? Amongst other things I can bring determination, confidence, and enthusiasm. But most notable of all, I can bring a genuine interest in representing and improving the school for students and teachers alike.
    Thank you very much for taking your time to read this,
    [Name]
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zahel)
    Would a couple of people mind just reading through this and telling me what you think? Also this is first draft so chances are there are punctuation errors and stuff

Dear [Teacher's Name],
    I am writing this to express my interest in the upcoming head girl position. It has been a goal of mine for a while to enter the head girl elections and over that time I have asked myself three questions as to why I want to be head girl:

How do I view the role of head girl?
    What can I bring to the role?

For me, these three questions embody how I will approach the position of head girl and my goals for the position if I am elected.

How do I view to role of head girl?
    In short, the role of head girl to me is about giving back to and representing a school I am proud to have been a part of. Since my very first day in Year 7 to settling into sixth form life I have felt supported, encouraged and challenged to my fullest potential and I truly believe that the [school] ethos has made me into the hard working student I am today. The role would mean being able to provide the same support, the same encouragement, and the same voice to those who need it- just like I was. The role of head girl is also, as I am well aware, a very demanding role but one that I can only view as a rewarding one. I have never been one to shy away from a challenge and whilst many of the roles expected to be fulfilled by the head girl, like making speeches, have never been a large part of my school life, the prospect of these new challenges excites me.

If I were to be elected for head girl there are some things I already know I would like to improve, however one of the first things I would do is create a way for people to get their own ideas to me. As much as I would like to have the solutions to all the problems, I am not even aware of all the problems students may be facing and so it is of the utmost importance for me to be able to find out what those problems are, to actively move towards a solution.
    Some of my current ideas, which are talked about in more detail on my manifesto, include [idea, idea, and idea].
    I believe that to genuinely represent someone; or group of people, you have to be a part of them. You have to have their trust, and their belief that you will do what is right for them. Ultimately, this is my goal. To represent my peers to make their school experience as enjoyable, rewarding and as safe as mine was.

What would I bring to the role?
    During my time at [school] I have been an active member of the community, be it within extracurricular sports clubs, leadership roles or peer mentoring schemes. Over these years I have actively seeked out opportunities to learn and develop many characteristics vital to the role of head girl.
    My participation within extracurricular clubs has allowed me to work within teams, constantly building my ability to work within a team as a leader while still appreciating the views and opinions of others, as well as developing the self-assurance needed to take leadership roles, and therefore take responsibility of others and my own actions- something I believe to be an imperative skill for a head girl. Frequently stepping out of my comfort zone has also helped me to develop the drive and confidence needed to be a successful head girl. Some of my favourite experiences are those that scared me at first, for example taking part in my German Exchange and running for college captain in Year 11. Both these experiences were incredibly new to me but I greeted both with enthusiasm and determination to achieve something for myself, and I did. It goes without saying that I am treating the head girl elections with the same levels of enthusiasm and determination to make the whole process a possibility to learn. Being involved in mentoring schemes throughout my school life has allowed me to keep connected with the years below me, something I see as incredibly important to fully represent them. It has allowed me to become a role model on a small scale, something I take very seriously and will continue to uphold if I am elected head girl.

So what can I bring to the role of head girl? Amongst other things I can bring determination, confidence, and enthusiasm. But most notable of all, I can bring a genuine interest in representing and improving the school for students and teachers alike.
    Thank you very much for taking your time to read this,
    [Name]
    Wow I think this is really good!
    Only suggestion would be to maybe split up the "what would I bring to the role" paragraph a bit because it's a bit long at the moment.

Good luck for your application!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rayquaza17)
    Wow I think this is really good!
    Only suggestion would be to maybe split up the "what would I bring to the role" paragraph a bit because it's a bit long at the moment.

Good luck for your application!
    Ah yes I see that now, thankyou!!

ReputationRep:
    wow this is way beyond my writing capabilities, you don't go to my school do you? (in lancashire)

XD

ReputationRep:
    Awesome girl, hope you get it!

ReputationRep:
    This is actually pretty decent

Only thing I would change is 'Thank you very much for taking your time to read this' to 'Thank you for considering my application'.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.