Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Need work help? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I'm 19, 20 this year, and already have a decent casual job. Shifts can range from like, most of the month (mostly evenings) or just 4 or 5.
    I need a part time job alongside this job because I feel sort of suspended at the moment, there's little to no chance I can further this job hence why it's casual and more often than not a part-time job for people who already have other jobs.

However, I can't work full time and if I work in a part-time job that involves me going onto a rota then it'll be an issue.
    My partner doesn't live near me so I have to dedicate a good amount of time to him each month and I don't intend on giving that time up because he's the most important thing to me, so preferably, I would like to have a job I can do from home for a few hours or even most of the day at times.
    I tried a transcribing site called takenotes but I have read reviews on it (some on this site too) and many people said the work is hard for a very small amount of pay and I don't have the time nor dedication to waste however many hours of my day on a company that seems half-assed towards payrates.

Really unsure where to go, don't really care what field it's in (as long as it's not too math-sy), and if you can't suggest any websites or companies to look into, how do you guys make extra money?

thanks

ReputationRep:
    unfortunately you will probably have to compromise on something, making loads of money sat at home on your own schedule is not super realistic, I'm sure it's possible but it's not going to be the easiest thing... and unless you get another casual/bank type role you're not going to find somewhere happy to work around your current shifts all the time, no employer wants to play second fiddle... perhaps you need to think a bit more about your priorities?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by doodle_333)
    unfortunately you will probably have to compromise on something, making loads of money sat at home on your own schedule is not super realistic, I'm sure it's possible but it's not going to be the easiest thing... and unless you get another casual/bank type role you're not going to find somewhere happy to work around your current shifts all the time, no employer wants to play second fiddle... perhaps you need to think a bit more about your priorities?
    hello!think i may have sorted out something now which coincides with my current job, after having a mini-stress (and a bit of a cry ngl) last night i've decided that my relationship is my most important thing to me, if it means sacrificing a bit of money then i'm okay with that! thank you for replying

ReputationRep:
    Quick and easy money. Opinion Outpost, i use this a lot to get a few quid a day not bad for just reviewing stuff. The task can take as long as 15min to 60min more time more money

ReputationRep:
    Hi

come to register at Pitmasn People, event staffing agency where you decide when and how often work

Thanks

(Original post by smuh)
    I'm 19, 20 this year, and already have a decent casual job. Shifts can range from like, most of the month (mostly evenings) or just 4 or 5.
    I need a part time job alongside this job because I feel sort of suspended at the moment, there's little to no chance I can further this job hence why it's casual and more often than not a part-time job for people who already have other jobs.

However, I can't work full time and if I work in a part-time job that involves me going onto a rota then it'll be an issue.
    My partner doesn't live near me so I have to dedicate a good amount of time to him each month and I don't intend on giving that time up because he's the most important thing to me, so preferably, I would like to have a job I can do from home for a few hours or even most of the day at times.
    I tried a transcribing site called takenotes but I have read reviews on it (some on this site too) and many people said the work is hard for a very small amount of pay and I don't have the time nor dedication to waste however many hours of my day on a company that seems half-assed towards payrates.

Really unsure where to go, don't really care what field it's in (as long as it's not too math-sy), and if you can't suggest any websites or companies to look into, how do you guys make extra money?

thanks

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.