I'm 5'3... If 5'7 is too short then I'm screwed
    RIP.

ReputationRep:
    nope, 5'7 would be ideal for me since I'm 5'2
    • TSR Support Team

I have never had trouble attracting a girl at 5'7

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AngryRedhead)
    I am curious on your opinions; do you consider a man that is 5 foot 7 to be too short for you?
    I am 5 foot 7 so it's a yes for me, but I wouldn't consider it too short for the average height woman. I know it's kind of foolish but I just can't see myself with someone shorter than I am (in this case using heels I'd certainly be taller)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SoDoneWithSchool)
    Ahhh well hello
    Hey.
    Hmm i guess its 50/50 really. in my friend groups there's girls who are mainly shorter and also guys who are a mixture of my height or taller you see. But i don't tend to feel short around the guys? It's weird. Maybe the brain only compares height to the same gender..who knows? I feel awfully short when I'm with girls of taller height than me.
    Yeah, that's true. Plus, 5'10" is average for a young guy anyway.

Naw glad to know that. Yeah i guess, like tall girls assume shorter guys don't like them?:laugh: I'm guilty of this.
    It does feel nice! i have dated a guy my height. tbh i didn't even care about his height. But yeah he always got in a mood with me whenever i wore heels cause apparently that made him feel less "manly" in front of his other friends who has shorter gf's. Idk since when manliness is defined by height? But yeah i think the whole "having the gf shorter than you thing" got to him bad.
    But aint nobody like that worth my life or my heels.
    No, I agree. That's pretty weak. I walk past people taller than me every day, that doesn't make me feel like less of a person. In fact, I never even saw it get mentioned until I started visiting forums.

What's probably just as bad is girls who say 'I want him to be taller when I wear heels' and write guys off on that basis, while forgetting that guys also wear shoes and that 4/5/6 inch heels don't actually give you 4/5/6 inches of height. Not to mention, they're valuing shoes over a potential partner, lmao. Never seen that mentioned irl, though, only on here.

Lool yeah I'll do just that. awh your cutee. I wish more guys thought like this uno :cute:
    Although i do drift towards taller guys In the end i sure wouldn't mind at all having a bf slightly shorter than me. If he's okay with me, and we like each other what else matters?!
    Yeah exactly. I don't have any height preferences as far as girls are concerned. I don't really even think about it unless a girl is very tall or very short.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AngryRedhead)
    I am curious on your opinions; do you consider a man that is 5 foot 7 to be too short for you?
    For me it's too short because I'm 5ft7 and I like guys to be taller than me, but thats just me. I'm above average height for my gender/age etc so its not a big deal : )

I find height - of all things - to be a strange dealbreaker.

No, although I prefer taller guys, 5'7" wouldn't be a dealbreaker - we could be height buddies. :laugh:

(Original post by JHPSC96)
    For me it's too short because I'm 5ft7 and I like guys to be taller than me, but thats just me. I'm above average height for my gender/age etc so its not a big deal : )
    Are you female? If so, I've always considered 5'7" to still be average - just on the very high end of average.

Fellow 5'7"-er here.

ReputationRep:
    Nope. I'm 5'8 and generally go for guys who are taller (6'4 seems to be the average :lol:) but if I liked the person it wouldn't put me off. I dated a guy slighter shorter, so probably 5'7, because I thought he was awesome at the time

ReputationRep:
    Nope. I prefer short guys to tall.

My only celebrity crush was for Elijah Wood...who is 5'6.

ReputationRep:
    Nope. 9' 11'' or nothing.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Jk, it's perfectly fine,

ReputationRep:
    Great another of those moments when TSR becomes a dating website.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by acupofgreentea)
    Are you female? If so, I've always considered 5'7" to still be average - just on the very high end of average.

Fellow 5'7"-er here.
    yeah I'm 5ft7 : ) Whenever I went to the Dr's they said that 5ft5 is average... but it's still not that tall haha : )

ReputationRep:
    I'm 6' and I got with a guy but we were on the floor and found out the next day he was around 5'7 but still a good kisser so just make sure ur on the floor all will be good buddy xoxox

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Free_Icecream_Yo)
    Nope. I prefer short guys to tall.

My only celebrity crush was for Elijah Wood...who is 5'6.
    how tall are you?

(Original post by JHPSC96)
    yeah I'm 5ft7 : ) Whenever I went to the Dr's they said that 5ft5 is average... but it's still not that tall haha : )
    Yeah, I know 5'7" is taller than the national average, but I would never describe myself as tall - I'd just say 5'7" is on the very high end of average.

Although saying that, I have had a doctor remark "You're quite tall for a girl" so I can see where you're coming from.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pringles 4 days)
    how tall are you?
    5'7.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nephthys)
    manlets shoudn't reproduce tbh

6ft MASTER RACE
    (Original post by lustawny)
    I think village idiots shouldn't reproduce, personally.
    (Original post by Nephthys)
    so you better not have children then
    You two are getting mad reps!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by acupofgreentea)
    Yeah, I know 5'7" is taller than the national average, but I would never describe myself as tall - I'd just say 5'7" is on the very high end of average.

Although saying that, I have had a doctor remark "You're quite tall for a girl" so I can see where you're coming from.
    Oh yeah I would never describe myself as being tall haha : )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Free_Icecream_Yo)
    5'7.
    I was expecting you to be 5'-5'2" for some reason. :lol:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.