Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Arms are getting too big (I'm a girl) Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Im following a strength program (5x5 with extra accessory work) and do arms every other day e.g. curls / tricep pushdowns

Problem is some of my old blouses are starting to become tight around the arms and I'm getting 'mass' on my arms which I don't really like or want to continue

Should I stop doing them or are they really necessary?

ReputationRep:
    You probably need to do less reps or go onto a higher weight.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tootles44)
    Im following a strength program (5x5 with extra accessory work) and do arms every other day e.g. curls / tricep pushdowns

Problem is some of my old blouses are starting to become tight around the arms and I'm getting 'mass' on my arms which I don't really like or want to continue

Should I stop doing them or are they really necessary?
    But you will gain strength... It is a good thing

ReputationRep:
    If you can afford gym, you can afford new clothes.

ReputationRep:
    Some 'mass' looks good. You won't get big, it is probably just a shock for you seeing some muscle.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AngryRedhead)
    But you will gain strength... It is a good thing
    what you mean

(Original post by jam277)
    I do 3x8-10 atm

my arms are weak as hell

(Original post by HappyLifting)
    Some 'mass' looks good. You won't get big, it is probably just a shock for you seeing some muscle.
    Arm mass for a girl looks good? Im on a slow bulk right now, do you think when i start to cut in a few months they'll slim down and look a little less... bulky?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shawn_o1)
    If you can afford gym, you can afford new clothes.
    I really can't need to priorotise

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    Are higher weights good for building strength but not bulk?

ReputationRep:
    I really can't need to priorotise
    eh? who's paying for your gym membership

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shawn_o1)
    eh? who's paying for your gym membership
    well I am

ReputationRep:
    well I am
    either way, you go to the gym and follow a "strength program" so you have a clear goal in mind i.e. to be physically strong. I don't think that can be achieved with thin arms.
    Also keep in mind that a new blouse normally sets you back the same amount of money as a month's gym membership (but the difference is, a blouse can last years)

ReputationRep:
    what you mean

I do 3x8-10 atm

my arms are weak as hell

Arm mass for a girl looks good? Im on a slow bulk right now, do you think when i start to cut in a few months they'll slim down and look a little less... bulky?
    Yeahh they do ! They should yeah, you'll be fine

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    https://www.instagram.com/p/6Iw95RKz...by=jenmatichuk
    Jen's arms :daydreaming:

EDIT: https://www.instagram.com/p/14n6_eqz...by=jenmatichuk
    UNF I CANT DEAL

ReputationRep:
    what you mean

I do 3x8-10 atm

my arms are weak as hell

This will be your problem then. Genetically a lot of girls store a lot of fat in their upper arms and not in their waist (whereas most men have fairly lean upper arms and store it around their waist instead) so as you're bulking and getting fatter, I imagine you're storing more and more fat in your upper arms creating a 'bulky' look.

Take a look around you, plenty of women on the heavier side (and even some not that heavy) have quite 'bulky' arms in-spite of having practically no muscle on them (fat storage).

I would be willing to bet the problem will go away entirely when you 'cut' and drop body fat. No way its muscle causing the problem as in your own words your arms are 'weak as hell'. If it bothers you a lot I'd advise dropping some body fat first, no point in doing all of this to spend most of your time in a body you don't even like!

ReputationRep:
    are you a girl or boy?

ReputationRep:
    are you a girl or boy?
    oh sorry im a girl

but loads of guys find her arms attractive too - just check the gmm comment section

ReputationRep:
    are you a girl or boy?
    I'm a guy and find those arms attractive.....But then I'm a fitness orientated person so gym is life

ReputationRep:
    Only a weak man is put off by a strong woman.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by z33)
    oh sorry im a girl

but loads of guys find her arms attractive too - just check the gmm comment section
    what is gmm comment section?

ReputationRep:
    what is gmm comment section?
    Good Mythical Morning - a YouTube channel
    and the girl I posted a pic of works with those guys and you can find her on the Thursday episode
    and everytime she wears a tanktop all the fanboys in the comment section be like
    "omg JENS ARMS ARE SO BUFF"
    "JEN'S ARMS LOOK SO GOOd"

etc. etc.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.