who is sick of cheesy loan adverts? Watch

This discussion is closed.
byb3
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
im going to kill the guy who made the ocean finance one, grrr, and whatever the one with the people who jump over hurdles is called. I'll kill them all!!

Ad
Nylex
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Yeah, those things are annoying.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
The advert that i hate is that 11 88 88, they must repeat it about 20 times in the 10 second commercial, it shoudl be made illegal, it's brain-washing.
ickle_katy
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
i hate the "have you had an accident in the last 3 years" nonsense! i just got home from town and i was asked 3 times today - do i look that dosey?!?

i gave the guy a huge mouthful on ghow i hadnt and even if i had i wouldnt sue for compenation with him- thats what i have a solicitor for. i think he kinda regreatted asking me by the time id finnished shouting!

love Katy ***
ickle_katy
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by byb3)
im going to kill the guy who made the ocean finance one, grrr, and whatever the one with the people who jump over hurdles is called. I'll kill them all!!

Ad

and the carol vordeman first plus one " all loans are not the same and all loan companies are not the same" blahhhhh

love Katy ***
The Dude
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
The one that annoys me the most is 'The National Accident Helpline' because they try to make it look like they are the official government accident claims department or something when they're not. And has anyone noticed that the woman's hair in the advert has gone from grey to blonde? In the earlier ones it was grey, did they think that grey haired people look more 'official' or something. Why did the colour change? "Call the National Accident Helpline" ARGGGGGH!
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
Diamond Car Insurance annoys me. The ads are sexist, and they should be illigal.
LH
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Unregistered)
Diamond Car Insurance annoys me. The ads are sexist, and they should be illigal.
They will be illegal soon, or will have to accept men, as sexual discrimination works both ways, imagine the uproar if they started an insurance company just for men.

The loan adverts annoy me because people do take out the loans but can never pay them off, so it ruins them. People like Carol Vorderman and Carol Smiley (Bonus Cashbuilder Plus) should be ashamed of themselves, some people trust them but those people could lose there house and money.
byb3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
yeah I should have included those ambulance chasing adverts as well, god they do my head in.
LH
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by byb3)
yeah I should have included those ambulance chasing adverts as well, god they do my head in.
Did anyone see the documentary on the Beeb about The Accident Group?

They actually went and damaged parts of the pavement to improve their chances of getting a case.

And they forced people to take out a policy before they could claim and they had to pay £1000 to join, if they had no money they had to take out a loan.

One guy damaged all his fingures so he had to take out ten policies, costing £10,000.

It never even got to court, the solicitors told them that they wouldn't win.
AllergicToFairydust
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
The ICS one annoys me.

It is always on Nickeloden. What a bad marketing stargisty.

Come off it...how many seven year olds want to study at home!
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
I hate that elephant.co.uk advert <---(would that create a link?). They have the nerve to say how boring car insurance ads are....

BTW on that diamond insurance thing. If u saw the difference between the claims of men compared to women for car insurance u'll understand why theres a separate company- though, as a guy, i agree it is very sexist. I mean- what next a separate bank for women just because, "on average" they manage to pay their loans back quicker?
LH
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I hate that elephant.co.uk advert <---(would that create a link?). They have the nerve to say how boring car insurance ads are....

BTW on that diamond insurance thing. If u saw the difference between the claims of men compared to women for car insurance u'll understand why theres a separate company- though, as a guy, i agree it is very sexist. I mean- what next a separate bank for women just because, "on average" they manage to pay their loans back quicker?
I understand why there is a seperate company, but under new legislation it will be illegal.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
Statistically, women have more accidents than men. The only difference is when men have accidents, they're more expensive.

So really, men are better drivers.
ickle_katy
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Statistically, women have more accidents than men. The only difference is when men have accidents, they're more expensive.

So really, men are better drivers.

wrong.

statistically, women have fewer accidents.

love Katy ***
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
Kate, read this:

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article...682441,00.html
LH
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Kate, read this:

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article...682441,00.html
Insurers concede women have more accidents but these tend to be less serious so they are about 20% cheaper to insure.
ickle_katy
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Lord Huntroyde)
Insurers concede women have more accidents but these tend to be less serious so they are about 20% cheaper to insure.

lol i said, statisticly. your using words. anyone can twist a statisic to say what ever they want it to say..surly everyone knows that.

women have less accidents. however men drive more. so yes, per mile driven women have more accidents. but not straight out. men have more accidents than women.

love Katy ***
LH
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by ickle_katy)
lol i said, statisticly. your using words. anyone can twist a statisic to say what ever they want it to say..surly everyone knows that.

women have less accidents. however men drive more. so yes, per mile driven women have more accidents. but not straight out. men have more accidents than women.

love Katy ***
It's the proportionate statistc that's important.
bones
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
This thread has my complete support! Burn the cheesy god-forsaken loan and accident helpline company ads!!! Burn them and send them to hell! They are an absolute, 100% waste of time. I won't say what I would do if I met anyone who makes up those adverts, but the sentence would most certainly be Life.

Actually, I had thought the same about Diamond car insurance before. If you phoned up and told them you were a man, would they honestly reject you and lose business? Perhaps they're actually part of another insurance company and they'd just redirect you there instead. And what about that 'E-Sure' over 50's car insurance? Thanks for unbalancing the age groups of car insurance holders, you idiots! As if premiums for new drivers aren't high enough already. I'd wager I'm a better driver than a lot of over 50's near to where I live anyway.
X

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you going to self-release into Clearing?

Yes I've pressed the button (76)
17.31%
No I'm happy with my uni offer (281)
64.01%
Not yet but I am planning to (21)
4.78%
Not yet but I might (61)
13.9%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise