The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Actually, I had thought the same about Diamond car insurance before. If you phoned up and told them you were a man, would they honestly reject you and lose business? Perhaps they're actually part of another insurance company and they'd just redirect you there instead. And what about that 'E-Sure' over 50's car insurance? Thanks for unbalancing the age groups of car insurance holders, you idiots! As if premiums for new drivers aren't high enough already. I'd wager I'm a better driver than a lot of over 50's near to where I live anyway.

It's sexist though. I consider myself an excellent driver. I've never in my life had an accident. Now, my girlfriend who's crashed twice is still getting cheaper car insurance - just because she's a girl. It's a discrimination. I mean, could you imagine the uproar there'd be if an insurance company came out called Whites For Whites - a company who only deals with white people - outrageous!

I'm paying the price for the actions of people I've never met before. Stupid people who go car racing down roads at nights. Drunk drivers and idiots who have probably been in prison more times than they've driven.

It's a complete discrimination, and the fact this car insurance rule even exists in today's society is something that belongs in the dark ages.
Reply 21
Unregistered
It's sexist though. I consider myself an excellent driver. I've never in my life had an accident. Now, my girlfriend who's crashed twice is still getting cheaper car insurance - just because she's a girl. It's a discrimination. I mean, could you imagine the uproar there'd be if an insurance company came out called Whites For Whites - a company who only deals with white people - outrageous!

I'm paying the price for the actions of people I've never met before. Stupid people who go car racing down roads at nights. Drunk drivers and idiots who have probably been in prison more times than they've driven.

It's a complete discrimination, and the fact this car insurance rule even exists in today's society is something that belongs in the dark ages.

Action is being taken against Diamond, as sex discrimination, either way, is illegal.

However e-sure is legal as there are no age discrimination laws. Apart from car insurance though, older people get the rough deal as employment opportunities for the 50+ are low.
I've nothing against older people getting cheaper car insurance. I have great respect for the elderly and I believe that they should be rewarded by society. It's also nice to think that reward comes with age, and it applies to everyone.

Diamond a while back had this advertisement where a group of men dressed up as women in order to get cheaper car insurance. These women replied "sorry guys" and they huddled away embrassed. Grrrr
Reply 23
Unregistered

brilliantly said, you have a few important points there.

Latest

Trending

Trending