Swedish police banned from describing criminals anymore in case they sound racist

Watch
Chi019
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
If this is the mentality of the Swedes I'm not surprised they covered up assaults at a music festival last year. This is really Orwellian.

Swedish police will no longer be able to give descriptions of alleged criminals for fear of being seen as racist.

According to an internal letter, police in capital city Stockholm are instructed to refrain from describing suspects' race and nationality, according to news website Speisa.

Local newspaper Svenska Dagbadet reported it had seen the letter, which it said outlined how officers should now notify the public of crimes.

The crimes “involve everything from lighter traffic accidents to serious crimes like muggings, beatings and murder,” the paper reported.

The letter specifies that, for everyday crimes such as burglary, basic information such as ethnicity, nationality, skin colour and height should not be given.
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...-a6810311.html
TunaTunnel
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Not surprising considering Sweden is projected to become third world.
simon_g
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
if that's the truth, then they deserve everything that comes to them.
lets hope Norway and Finland will seal their borders with Sweden.
Sweden, Yes!
caravaggio2
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
The same policy was in place here 5 or 6 yrs ago when the Pakistani sex gangs started to go to trial.
The media went out of their way to first of all not report the trials at all, but when they eventually had to, they studiously avoided mentioning the one common denominator (apart from all being men) in these trials.
One of the bigger trials was on at Liverpool Crown Courts not far from where I work and I walked past it every day, and if it wasn't for a group of activists protesting outside the court every day you wouldn't have known it was going on let alone who was on trial.
Eventually they have had to start acknowledging the nature of the gangs but only because of the shear number of trials all over the country and the fact that so many people get their news from none MSM. now.
Please don't think the Swedes are alone in this, the difference is that it is unofficial when it happens here.
BaronK
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Isn't Sweden now the rape capital of the world?
TaintedLight
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
The misguided public can't handle it.

I can understand why they would do so. And as long as the judicial system is efficient, I'm not worried or disillusioned.
SloppyMcfloppy
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by BaronK)
Isn't Sweden now the rape capital of the world?
Of Europe I believe.
caravaggio2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
One country, Lesotho is worse.
caravaggio2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by DiceTheSlice)
The misguided public can't handle it.

I can understand why they would do so. And as long as the judicial system is efficient, I'm not worried or disillusioned.
That's the trouble , they aren't.
Literally thousands of children have been thrown under the bus of social cohesion and for fear of being called racist and islamophobe. (Career suicide if you work for a local authority)
Even now when people refer to these rape trials they talk about Rotherham as though that was the only case.
Do you know how many cases in how many towns there have been in this on going shameful episode?
No?
Neither do I. I tried to look it up last year and the only place I could find a definitive list through Google was a rightwing bloggers site. Nowhere else h no had the definitive list or was posting it. Not the BBC, nor any papers( even the Mail) .
The Reality
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Dumachi)
The stupidity of people has hit a historical high....
I am no advocate of religion, in fact I am against it, but I find Islamic migrants to be more tolerant than the European Christians. Plus, they have a better historical record too. If we had to have a religion in society, I know which one I would prefer. Before you associate me with a conspiracy all the left love Islam, I am just speaking from experience and the evidence on these forums.
caravaggio2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Yes I wish the Christians , Jews , Hindus and Buddists were as tolerant and laid back as Muslims are.
Jebedee
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by The Reality)
I am no advocate of religion, in fact I am against it, but I find Islamic migrants to be more tolerant than the European Christians. Plus, they have a better historical record too. If we had to have a religion in society, I know which one I would prefer. Before you associate me with a conspiracy all the left love Islam, I am just speaking from experience and the evidence on these forums.
A better history? It might appear that way if you were raised under a western curriculum as it's all about how bad the christians were. But those were mainly events. The kind of savageness of those events was just a day in the life of the middle east.

Plus look at the timeline, Christians may have been drowning "witches" a few centuries ago but they are still doing that in 2016 in Saudi Arabia.
The Reality
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Jebedee)
A better history? It might appear that way if you were raised under a western curriculum as it's all about how bad the christians were. But those were mainly events. The kind of savageness of those events was just a day in the life of the middle east.

Plus look at the timeline, Christians may have been drowning "witches" a few centuries ago but they are still doing that in 2016 in Saudi Arabia.
Christians need to learn to be as tolerant as Muslims. Islam promise peace and tolerance. That is a fact you can not argue against
Jebedee
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Christians need to learn to be as tolerant as Muslims. Islam promise peace and tolerance. That is a fact you can not argue against
Neither would I care to. All I keep hearing is people parotting that same line over. I don't care what you think Islam promises, I just care about the behaviour of muslims which has been evidently poor in recent times in comparison with all other religions. This is a fact that you will probably attempt to argue against using poorly thought out gentle sounding rhetoric, but fail miserably with nonetheless.
The Reality
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Jebedee)
Neither would I care to. All I keep hearing is people parotting that same line over. I don't care what you think Islam promises, I just care about the behaviour of muslims which has been evidently poor in recent times in comparison with all other religions. This is a fact that you will probably attempt to argue against using poorly thought out gentle sounding rhetoric, but fail miserably with nonetheless.
You can not give one example when a Muslim has been violent or intolerant.
Jebedee
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Is that because when I do you will simply apply the "no true scotsman" fallacy and claim he isn't a real muslim? Nice try.
Josb
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Obvious troll is obvious.
The Reality
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Josb)
Obvious troll is obvious.
In what sense?
caravaggio2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
In what sense?
"Give me a T"
QE2
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I am no advocate of religion, in fact I am against it, but I find Islamic migrants to be more tolerant than the European Christians.
Which Islamic migrants? Russian Federation?, Syrian? Somalian? And more tolerant of what?
And what is a "European Christian"? Scottish Presbyterian? Greek Orthodox? Portuguese Catholic?

Jeez, talk about generalising!

Plus, they have a better historical record too.
Again, who do? And in what historical context?

If we had to have a religion in society, I know which one I would prefer. Before you associate me with a conspiracy all the left love Islam, I am just speaking from experience and the evidence on these forums.
There is only one religion whose members on here attempt to defend slavery, child abuse, rape, execution for homosexuals and apostates, for example.

You say that you are no advocate of religion, yet you seem very keen to big up the most divisive, repressive and violent of them all. Perhaps you know little about Islamic ideology and are more concerned, like the Swedes, with not being labelled as an Islamophobe or racist. I suppose one way to avoid the bully is to be his friend and defend his actions.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (677)
33.68%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (856)
42.59%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (386)
19.2%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (91)
4.53%

Watched Threads