Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Swedish police banned from describing criminals anymore in case they sound racist Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Reality)
    I am no advocate of religion, in fact I am against it, but I find Islamic migrants to be more tolerant than the European Christians.
    Which Islamic migrants? Russian Federation?, Syrian? Somalian? And more tolerant of what?
    And what is a "European Christian"? Scottish Presbyterian? Greek Orthodox? Portuguese Catholic?

Jeez, talk about generalising!

Plus, they have a better historical record too.
    Again, who do? And in what historical context?

If we had to have a religion in society, I know which one I would prefer. Before you associate me with a conspiracy all the left love Islam, I am just speaking from experience and the evidence on these forums.
    There is only one religion whose members on here attempt to defend slavery, child abuse, rape, execution for homosexuals and apostates, for example.

You say that you are no advocate of religion, yet you seem very keen to big up the most divisive, repressive and violent of them all. Perhaps you know little about Islamic ideology and are more concerned, like the Swedes, with not being labelled as an Islamophobe or racist. I suppose one way to avoid the bully is to be his friend and defend his actions.

ReputationRep:
    Christians need to learn to be as tolerant as Muslims.
    Christians and Muslims are individuals, not one homogeneous group. But I am yet to see Christians on here openly displaying the sort of bigotry that some Muslims do.

Islam promise peace and tolerance. That is a fact you can not argue against
    Now it is obvious that you are either a Muslim yourself, or someone whose only knowledge of Islam is what you've been told by Muslim with a clear vested interest.

Islam absolutely does not promise peace and tolerance. One particular verse illustrates this perfectly. "Fight them until there is no more disbelief and all religion is for Allah" - 8:38
    Peace =/= "Fight them"
    Tolerance =/= "Until all religion is for Allah".

There are many others, BTW.

ReputationRep:
    You can not give one example when a Muslim has been violent or intolerant.
    Well, there was the occasion where Muhammad authorised the beheading of hundreds of prisoners.
    Or there was the time when he invaded Mecca and smashed al the idols of the other religions and banned thir followers from attending the holy pilgrimage site.

I believe that Muhammad is definitivley classed as a Muslim. Probably the most important one ever. Look him up.

ReputationRep:
    Sweden is done.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.