The Student Room Group

Are stretch marks off putting?

I'm a girl. And honestly speaking. I have a lot of stretch marks.
many fade over time but they are never fully gone you see. And now the hype is all about people with flawless bodies+skin etc ect. Which makes me awfully self conscious.:erm: I'm decent face and figure wise and i do date (I am in no way bragging!!!)..but i feel like i can't date to the extent of getting that intimate you know, because of this. Few guys i know are going on about how they'd hate stretch marks on girls and all that stuff. As a guy/girl would find this off putting on your potential love interest or do you not care about it at all?

Sorry for all the negativeness but i would like to know what you guys think about it:redface:
I would not care at all - not that I would be in any position to complain, because I have stretch marks. They are really common and anyone who would be put off by them is just silly.
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
I'm a girl. And honestly speaking. I have a lot of stretch marks.
many fade over time but they are never fully gone you see. And now the hype is all about people with flawless bodies+skin etc ect. Which makes me awfully self conscious.:erm: I'm decent face and figure wise and i do date (I am in no way bragging!!!)..but i feel like i can't date to the extent of getting that intimate you know, because of this. Few guys i know are going on about how they'd hate stretch marks on girls and all that stuff. As a guy/girl would find this off putting on your potential love interest or do you not care about it at all?

Sorry for all the negativeness but i would like to know what you guys think about it:redface:

Feast your mince pies on these bad boys:
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2321879
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1527331
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1448350&page=2

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/real-life-stories/15-things-you-never-knew-503390
I wouldn't find them off putting, and anyone who does isn't worth your time anyway.
Not me. I never even knew what stretch marks were (or that I have them) until I was with an ex and saw hers, and I thought 'no biggie'.
I think, as in anything, there are going to be degrees of severity and degrees to which people are bothered. I would suggest that the majority of guys/gals wouldn't be concerned by stretch marks, given that, if they should see them, then they clearly find you attractive enough to sleep with you. They have never bothered me, but then I only sleep with girls I'm really in to, so perhaps I'm not the best study.

It's one of those real people vs. airbrushed model issues - almost everyone has stretch marks, we're just led to believe that the good and the great don't. Anuone bothered enough by this to be put off is probably hugely lacking in sense and is setting themselves up for a lifetime of loneliness i.e. not worth you sweet time.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 6
You can't compare models on magazines that have been photoshopped to remove spot, wrinkles and stretch marks and make them thinner as well to real life. People are realistic about what people look like. Don't worry about it at all.
Reply 8
Original post by Alextay28
I think, as in anything, there are going to be degrees of severity and degrees to which people are bothered. I would suggest that the majority of guys/gals wouldn't be concerned by stretch marks, given that, if they should see them, then they clearly find you attractive enough to sleep with you. They have never bothered me, but then I only sleep with girls I'm really in to, so perhaps I'm not the best study.

It's one of those real people vs. airbrushed model issues - almost everyone has stretch marks, we're just led to believe that the good and the great don't. Anuone bothered enough by this to be put off is probably hugely lacking in sense and is setting themselves up for a lifetime of loneliness i.e. not worth you sweet time.

Yeah it's those 'ideal' body/beauty standards these days.
Honestly makes many people feel like poop.
But thank you tho! :smile:
Original post by Anonymous
Yeah it's those 'ideal' body/beauty standards these days.
Honestly makes many people feel like poop.
But thank you tho! :smile:

I'd rather be with someone who looks like a human being.
Everyone has them lel , i got some on my arms cause of dem gains ^
Nope. :smile:
Original post by Alextay28
I'd rather be with someone who looks like a human being.

Thats sweet :h: and yep very true :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending