the UK could house 500 million of the poorest if you consider land coverage

Watch this thread
The Reality
Badges: 1
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
We have the land, if we build on it, we can in theory house and support 500 million of the poorest from Africa and Asia. So why don't we?
SonOfTheGun
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 6 years ago
I don't care lol.

Would be much better to have complete open borders but abolish the welfare state, maybe have a flat tax rate and leave it at that.

Get rid of the minimum wage too.

Bring is all the refugees in the world if you want to

ChaoticButterfly
The Reality
Rep:
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
(Original post by SonOfTheGun)
I don't care lol.

Would be much better to have complete open borders but abolish the welfare state, maybe have a flat tax rate and leave it at that.

Get rid of the minimum wage too.

Bring is all the refugees in the world if you want to

ChaoticButterfly
But the point is, we could in theory build on all the land, since it is there. Why not build over the Lake District or new forest?
SonOfTheGun
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by The Reality)
But the point is, we could in theory build on all the land, since it is there. Why not build over the Lake District or new forest?
Good idea.

Abolish income tax and only have a tax on unimproved land.
Sephiroth
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
Why not build over the Lake District or new forest?
Have you been to the Lake District? Good luck building on mountain slopes and lakes.

Based on your logic Russia could house the entire world and more so why don't they?
BaronK
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
We have the land, if we build on it, we can in theory house and support 500 million of the poorest from Africa and Asia. So why don't we?
Surely the Amazon can house all of the poorest so why not build a billion homes there?
Greenlaner
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
Well I for one can't see why anybody would be opposed to destroying our natural landscapes and ecosystems, completely wiping out our national idenitity, and turning the whole country into a gigantic, third world slum. That sounds just swell to me. But why stop at 500 million? I'm sure we could easily cram a billion in here.
JustANormalGuy
Badges: 8
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
The Sahara desert is empty according to my knowledge, its also quite big, why dont they build there? topkek
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Psychology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (120)
37.97%
The paper was reasonable (152)
48.1%
Not feeling great about that exam... (30)
9.49%
It was TERRIBLE (14)
4.43%

Watched Threads