Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

De Montfort University Applicants/Offer Holders 2016 Entry Watch

University Navigation

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by melody143)
    Same but Loughborough have given me an offer ABB too but I like dmu! Never been before... Is there any point going over if I already know I'm going to pick it? Would love to see the uni obvs but seems like a waste of money idk tbh
    I doubt I'll get an offer from Loughborough but if I don't then I'll obviously firm DMU.

And I think if you definitely don't want to go there then there's no point wasting money to visit. I'm not going to any uni that I don't plan on making either my firm or insurance so I hope that helps

Also what course did you apply for at DMU and Loughborough?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tosiintoasty)
    I doubt I'll get an offer from Loughborough but if I don't then I'll obviously firm DMU.

And I think if you definitely don't want to go there then there's no point wasting money to visit. I'm not going to any uni that I don't plan on making either my firm or insurance so I hope that helps

Also what course did you apply for at DMU and Loughborough?

I applied for history and international relations for both.
    Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by melody143)
    I applied for history and international relations for both.
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ahh cool

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Israr_iy)
    Anybody applied for business management? Haven't met anyone on the course yet so the nerves are kicking in
    Hi,

I have applied for Business Management and Human Resource Management.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone got an offer for Business Management and Human Resource Management?

Not sure whether to accept unconditional offer as also keen on Sheffield Hallam University.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone got an offer for study Business Management and Human Resource Management?

Not sure whether to take the unconditional offer as also keen on Sheffield Hallam University.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Runningwell)
    Anyone got an offer for study Business Management and Human Resource Management?

Not sure whether to take the unconditional offer as also keen on Sheffield Hallam University.
    I'm in the same positive have a unconditional offer from Nottingham Trent for business management with accountancy and finance and not sure which to form DMU Or Nottingham Trent sooo stressful!

ReputationRep:
    I'm in the same positive have a unconditional offer from Nottingham Trent for business management with accountancy and finance and not sure which to form DMU Or Nottingham Trent sooo stressful!
    Mines actually the opposite DMU unconditional and NTU conditional but think I'm going to go for DMU

ReputationRep:
    Still waiting to hear back from DMU , Had 4 out of 5 offers back so far. Had generic emails and invitation to Department open day but no offer.

ReputationRep:
    I might be applying for code or Victoria halls heard they are popular and we can apply mid February I've been told
    Victoria Halls looks great, I'm really hoping to get a place there. (Need something cheap and en suite :') )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Deathinmycoffee)
    Victoria Halls looks great, I'm really hoping to get a place there. (Need something cheap and en suite :' )
    Same it's really close to the uni and fair quality for the price

ReputationRep:
    conditional for Arts and festivals management
    • Aston Villa FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Armastan)
    I see that there is a thread for 2015 entry but not for 2016 entry, so thought I should start one!

I got two unconditional offers yesterday (I applied for 2 different courses) subject to DMU being chosen as my firm choice and I'm wondering who else out there has applied/received an offer and for what course!
    Nice. I got conditional

ReputationRep:
    I got conditional for health studies 😊

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else got an offer for English?

ReputationRep:
    Anyone for criminology? An how old is everyone going to be when they start first year? Ill be 20 and staying in halls bit nervous hope i wont be the oldest in my accommodation
    • Aston Villa FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rated_r)
    Anyone for criminology? An how old is everyone going to be when they start first year? Ill be 20 and staying in halls bit nervous hope i wont be the oldest in my accommodation
    Not criminology, no.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rated_r)
    An how old is everyone going to be when they start first year? Ill be 20 and staying in halls bit nervous hope i wont be the oldest in my accommodation
    I'll be 19 turning 20 in first year. Don't worry about age, you'd be surprised by how many mature students you'll see at university. I have friends whose parents attend uni so I'm sure there'll be people older than you around! Not too sure how many will be in halls of residence since they usually have their own place by then, but don't worry since it's only a year or two difference. We're all adults so I don't think people would be bothered even if you were the oldest

ReputationRep:
    Anyone doing computing?

ReputationRep:
    I got a conditional offer to study Health studies,
    does anyone have any information about student accommodation in DMU? I want a good one lool

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 15, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.