Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

De Montfort University Applicants/Offer Holders 2016 Entry Watch

University Navigation

ReputationRep:
    Anybody recommend any good studios near DMU, i already know about code, primus place and summit. Any others also does anybody have any experience with code or others i mentioned and care to share about them
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CAPTAINSHAZAM)
    Anybody recommend any good studios near DMU, i already know about code, primus place and summit. Any others also does anybody have any experience with code or others i mentioned and care to share about them
    Hey Shazam,

Have you had chance to come see our Studios at Grosvenor: https://www.prodigy-living.co.uk/cit...rosvenor-house

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone book a room for Filbert Village ??

ReputationRep:
    I've just booked a room in Newarke Point on the sixth floor in block E 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Prodigy Living)
    Hey Shazam,

Have you had chance to come see our Studios at Grosvenor: https://www.prodigy-living.co.uk/cit...rosvenor-house
    what is the contract length for the studios?
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CAPTAINSHAZAM)
    what is the contract length for the studios?
    Hey Shazam,

We have brand new Mini Studios on 43 weeks & 51 weeks. Our normal studios are 51 weeks only.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aishababyy)
    Did anyone book a room for Filbert Village ??
    I did 🙋🏾

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AyoFale)
    I did 🙋🏾
    Yeah block c!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AyoFale)
    I did 🙋🏾
    Heyy, what Block? Im in Block D

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by melody143)
    Yeah block c!
    Im in Block D! ☺️

ReputationRep:
    Im in Block D! ☺️
    So excited what are you studying?

ReputationRep:
    Im studying Health Studies, you?

ReputationRep:
    Im studying Health Studies, you?
    History and international relations...did u get a move in date?

ReputationRep:
    Thats good! And i just got told that my contract starts on the 23rd of September

ReputationRep:
    Thats good! And i just got told that my contract starts on the 23rd of September
    Same reckon that's the same for everyone?

ReputationRep:
    Yeahh i guess so loool ☺️

ReputationRep:
    Heyy, what Block? Im in Block D
    Omg same !!!

ReputationRep:
    Yaaaay, im in flat 95 fifth floor, you?

ReputationRep:
    Yaaaay, im in flat 95 fifth floor, you?
    Flat 83 3rd floor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cherryred90s)
    You don't know what you're talking about. Everyone wants to go to the best possible uni for their course.
    That isn't true, I looked at the league tables for my course (Creative Writing and Film Studies) and DMU came up as 62nd for Creative Writing and 33rd for Film Studies. Uni of Leicester was higher in the league as was other universities that I went to open days for (Roehampton, Bedfordshire, Northampton and UEA), but I still chose DMU.

I chose DMU on my experience of when I went on an open day as I felt welcomed and I could also see myself enjoying my uni life there and I didn't care if DMU wasn't the best at the subject I was applying for as I know I will still gain what I want to learn for later in life.

Most of the time more people go to university for the entire experience, not just the rankings in the national league tables.

If I chose to go to Northampton for my subject because it was higher than DMU on the league tables I wouldn't enjoy my uni life and I would want to drop out as I had gone to the open day and instantly hated it.

Like I said, it isn't based on the uni being the best in the course you want to study as that would mean most people would try to apply for Cambridge, which is impossible for everyone to get into due to the high offers that they give out to applicants.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 15, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.