Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Help with some Maths in chemistry?? OCR A2 Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I get two different answers depending on how i solve this question. Can anyone work this out?Name:  IMG_20160117_144607387.jpg
Views: 55
Size:  324.4 KB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SchwannCells)
    I get two different answers depending on how i solve this question. Can anyone work this out?Name:  IMG_20160117_144607387.jpg
Views: 55
Size:  324.4 KB
    You appear to have forgotten how to multiply numbers. (x^a)(x^b) \equiv x^{a+b} \not{\equiv} x^{ab}.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by morgan8002)
    You appear to have forgotten how to multiply numbers. (x^a)(x^b) \equiv x^{a+b} \not{\equiv} x^{ab}.
    Ohh okay, thanks

ReputationRep:
    Hi SchwannCells

Attached below is an image which should help. Write out all of the units on the top and bottom of your equation/fraction. Then cancel out those which are the same. This leaves you with s-1 and moldm-3, BUT the moldm-3 is now technically 1/moldm-3 so you are left with mol-1dm3. The image should help. If you need more help, check out my totally free website www.scienceskool.co.uk

Have fun

Alex

Name:  Answer Photo.jpg
Views: 38
Size:  386.5 KB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ajsullivan)
    Hi SchwannCells

Attached below is an image which should help. Write out all of the units on the top and bottom of your equation/fraction. Then cancel out those which are the same. This leaves you with s-1 and moldm-3, BUT the moldm-3 is now technically 1/moldm-3 so you are left with mol-1dm3. The image should help. If you need more help, check out my totally free website www.scienceskool.co.uk

Have fun

Alex

Name:  Answer Photo.jpg
Views: 38
Size:  386.5 KB
    Thank you so much

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.