Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Bitter ex boyfriend? Watch

Announcements

So my sister was recently dumped back in December by her boyfriend of 8 months. She was upset but atm she's moving on well. Her ex, has been constantly horrible about her and he openly boasts about how much sex he's getting and how terrible my sister was as a gf (when she wasn't).

My sister has been very mature about this and has told him to grow up but it got me wondering, why do some guys act so bitter about their breakup? My sister's ex broke up with her and in the end, he was the one ****ging her off.

ReputationRep:
    Because some people are just *******s through and through...
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    So my sister was recently dumped back in December by her boyfriend of 8 months. She was upset but atm she's moving on well. Her ex, has been constantly horrible about her and he openly boasts about how much sex he's getting and how terrible my sister was as a gf (when she wasn't).

My sister has been very mature about this and has told him to grow up but it got me wondering, why do some guys act so bitter about their breakup? My sister's ex broke up with her and in the end, he was the one ****ging her off.
    If your sister hasn't already, she should cut off contact with him.

(Original post by SeanFM)
    If your sister hasn't already, she should cut off contact with him.
    She has but he tags her in posts on fb and stuff..

(Original post by Alexion)
    Because some people are just *******s through and through...
    The thing is, he was so nice to her when they were together. He was the perfect boyfriend and then he dumped her because of distance.

ReputationRep:
    She has but he tags her in posts on fb and stuff..
    If she blocked him, it'd stop anything like this getting to her...

(Original post by Alexion)
    If she blocked him, it'd stop anything like this getting to her...
    She unfriended him last week but apparently he's been *****ing about her still. Idk why he is.

Bump. Anyone? It'd be nice to get more guys to reply.

ReputationRep:
    My guess would be that he's bothered by the fact she's moving on/not running after him. Who knows though :rolleyes:

If I were her I'd block him on everything so she doesn't see him being an idiot
    • TSR Support Team

Bump. Anyone? It'd be nice to get more guys to reply.
    Why don't she just block him completely on facebook, that way she can't be tagged in anything or see what he is putting.

(Original post by Rock Fan)
    Why don't she just block him completely on facebook, that way she can't be tagged in anything or see what he is putting.
    She has. But apparently he's been even worse and started *****ing about her even more.
    • TSR Support Team

She has. But apparently he's been even worse and started *****ing about her even more.
    Well let him get on with it, it's not her problem no more.

(Original post by Rock Fan)
    Well let him get on with it, it's not her problem no more.
    I know it isn't but I'm curious about why he's been like this. He was so nice to her when they were together.
    • TSR Support Team

I know it isn't but I'm curious about why he's been like this. He was so nice to her when they were together.
    Again why is it a problem anymore, he's only making himself look silly.

ReputationRep:
    There can be some emotional turmoil after a break-up and it might lead some people to behave in a less than mature way.

(Original post by NextGenLeader)
    I was in a pretty deep relationship about a year ago, and I hate to admit I wasn't the best ex to her. After it ended I wasn't okay but she was, I missed her like crazy and I didn't want her to be okay I wanted her to miss me so I did a few things I regret. Looking back at my actions now I realise how bad guys can really be, and I am genuinely not even a bad guy but I just let my emotions get the better of me. When you get out of a relationship you wanna be the one who's doing better than the other and sometimes you'd do anything just to make yourself believe that you are. The only advice I can give is for your sister to show him no emotion or not show that anything he's doing is getting to her, and if anything make him realise somehow how selfish his actions are
    So are you suggesting he's hurt from the breakup/regretting breaking up?

I was in a pretty deep relationship about a year ago, and I hate to admit I wasn't the best ex to her. After it ended I wasn't okay but she was, I missed her like crazy and I didn't want her to be okay I wanted her to miss me so I did a few things I regret. Looking back at my actions now I realise how bad guys can really be, and I am genuinely not even a bad guy but I just let my emotions get the better of me. When you get out of a relationship you wanna be the one who's doing better than the other and sometimes you'd do anything just to make yourself believe that you are. The only advice I can give is for your sister to show him no emotion or not show that anything he's doing is getting to her, and if anything make him realise somehow how selfish his actions are
    If you don't mind me asking, what did you do? Did you talk about her rudely or something?

Most likely, and he sounds like the type of guy who is too stubborn to admit that maybe? if he wasn't then he'd have been able to move on more peacefully and just get on without trying to bring her down aswell
    It's weird because my sister messaged her ex to ask if they could get back together. He said no because they were too different. So idk really.

I hope it goes well for you.

Bump

ReputationRep:
    Maybe your sister was really a bad gf? You never know! :ahee:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 18, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.