Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Muslim girl but want a nose job Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    go to hell?

ReputationRep:
    no you go to hell at least I know what I'm talking about, rather than saying its haram.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    because it's haraam to even shape your eyebrows for girls in Islam, so reshaping your nose is ....

OP get a nosejob since it's affecting your life - it's not a huge sin to change something that you hate
    Shaping your eyebrows is as haraam as getting a hair cut. You need to re-evaluate your sources of info if you think this is the case. Culturally it looked down upon to shape your eyebrows when you're a young teen but otherwise, no body really cares, and no where in the Quran does it specify that you cannot shape your eyebrows.

To the OP, you injured yourself and you are looking after that injury. In Islam we are meant to look after the body Allah has given us. The rhinoplasty is therefore not haraam.

ReputationRep:
    It is not haram to have a nose job or anything else as long as you know what you are doing and your intentions are right. I hate it when people say its haram to shape your eyebrows, its like saying it haram to have a hair cut because it makes you look different. please think and research before you even speak.

ReputationRep:
    It's shape was altered by that incident , so it's just a repair

ReputationRep:
    For Goodness SAKE. DON'T POST ON THIS SITE IT's FULL OF SPUDS WHO DON'T KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT ISLAM!
    Post it on islamqa.info or search for a similar question!, damn it's ridiculous people posting on here, it's so easy to be misled by non muslims or people who don't know anything about islam!

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=..........;62308349]For Goodness SAKE. DON'T POST ON THIS SITE IT's FULL OF SPUDS WHO DON'T

KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT ISLAM!
    Post it on islamqa.info or search for a similar question!, damn it's ridiculous people posting on here, it's so easy to be misled by non muslims or people who don't know anything about islam![darling please I`m a Muslim and I know very good what I`m writing ]

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Baneenkadhim)
    It is not haram to have a nose job or anything else as long as you know what you are doing and your intentions are right. I hate it when people say its haram to shape your eyebrows, its like saying it haram to have a hair cut because it makes you look different. please think and research before you even speak.
    What the heck! Are you even a muslim? It's so hypocritical for you to say something evidently without ur own research. Don't say stupid things unless u know what u are talking about.

ReputationRep:
    "Praise be to Allaah.Guidelines on cosmetic surgery: if it is for the purpose of beautification and to increase beauty, then it is haraam, but if it is to remove a fault or deformity, then it is permissible. See the answer to question number 47694, in which we said: If there is a fault or deformity in the nose, and the aim of the surgery is to remove this fault, then there is nothing wrong with it. But if the aim is to increase beauty, it is not permissible to do the surgery. It says in Fataawa al-Lajnah al-Daa’imah (25/59): One of my friends has gotten married with Allaah's help, to Him be praise, but he came to me and said:My wife wants to have cosmetic surgery on her face and chest, because her nose is large and wide and she wants to reduce it by the easy means that have been developed in modern medicine. I told him that there is some doubt as to whether this surgery is permissible. So I am sending this letter with this question: is there any doubt or sin involved in this surgery that my friend's wife is going to do? Please note that the surgery is changing the creation of Allaah and that not doing it may lead to psychological distress because this fault is prominent in her face. Answer: if this situation is as described, and there is the hope that the surgery will be successful and will not lead to any greater or equal harm, it is permissible to do it in order to achieve interest sought, otherwise it is not permissible. And Allaah is the source of strength. May Allaah send blessings and peace upon our Prophet Muhammad and his family and companions. And Allaah knows best."

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=Baneenkadhim;62308455]
    (Original post by ..........)
    [darling please I`m a Muslim and I know very good what I`m writing ]
    "Praise be to Allaah. We will quote for you the fatwas issued by the scholars concerning the ruling on removing hair from the eyebrows and hair from the rest of the body. Shaykh Ibn ‘Uthaymeen (may Allaah have mercy on him) said: “If removing hair from the eyebrows is done by plucking, this is namas (plucking the eyebrows) and the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) cursed the naamisah (the woman who plucks eyebrows) and the mutanammisah (the woman who has her eyebrows plucked). This is a major sin, and women are singled out in this ruling because they are the ones who usually do this, for the purpose of beautification, but if a man were to do it he would also be cursed, just as a woman is cursed for doing this, Allaah forbid. If hair is removed from the eyebrows by a method other than plucking, such as by cutting or shaving, some of the scholars regard this as being the same as plucking, because it is changing the creation of Allaah, so there is no difference between plucking, cutting or shaving. This is undoubtedly more on the safe side, so a person must avoid that, whether man or woman.” (Quoted from Fataawa ‘Ulama’ al-Balad al-Haraam, p. 577) The following question was mentioned in Fataawa al-Lajnah al-Daa’imah (5/196): A young woman has very thick eyebrows that make her look bad. This girl was forced to shave part of the area between the eyebrows and to reduce the rest so that she will look acceptable to her husband. The Committee replied: “It is not permissible to shave the eyebrows or reduce then, because that is the namas (plucking) for which the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) cursed the one who does it and the one who asks for it to be done. What you must do is repent and pray for forgiveness for what you have done in the past, and beware of that in the future. Another question (5/195) was put to the Committee: Namas means removing some of the hair of the eyebrows, and is not permitted, because the Messenger (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) cursed the woman who plucks her eyebrows and the one who has that done, but it is permissible for a woman to remove a beard or moustache, if one grows, or hair from her legs or arms.” The hadeeth which says that the woman who plucks the eyebrows or who has that done is cursed was narrated by al-Bukhaari (4886) and Muslim (2125), from the hadeeth of ‘Abd-Allaah ibn Mas’ood (may Allaah be pleased with him). The point is that it is haraam to remove any hair from the eyebrows, whether all the hair is removed by shaving, or some of it is removed by cutting. Anything apart from that is permissible, such as removing hair from the arms and legs, and the area between the eyebrows. The following appeared in Fataawa al-Lajnah (5/197): Question: What is the ruling on plucking the hair between the eyebrows? Answer: It is permissible to pluck it, because it is not part of the eyebrows. And Allaah knows best."

Yeah, sure you know what you are talking about. I find it funny how u can suggest that you can modify eyebrows and then go and tell people to do research. I think you might need to.

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=..........;62308469]What the heck! Are you even a muslim? It's so hypocritical for you to say something evidently without ur own research. Don't say stupid things unless u know what u are talking about. [I have made my research and no where in the Quran does it says its haram to change your appearance well unless your Sunni and find everything haram, the girl want to have a nose job to remove something because she fell down and broken it, and having a surgery to remove it there is nothing wrong with that]

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=..........;62308553][QUOTE=Baneenkadhim;62308455]

"Praise be to Allaah. We will quote for you the fatwas issued by the scholars concerning the ruling on removing hair from the eyebrows and hair from the rest of the body. Shaykh Ibn ‘Uthaymeen (may Allaah have mercy on him) said: “If removing hair from the eyebrows is done by plucking, this is namas (plucking the eyebrows) and the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) cursed the naamisah (the woman who plucks eyebrows) and the mutanammisah (the woman who has her eyebrows plucked). This is a major sin, and women are singled out in this ruling because they are the ones who usually do this, for the purpose of beautification, but if a man were to do it he would also be cursed, just as a woman is cursed for doing this, Allaah forbid. If hair is removed from the eyebrows by a method other than plucking, such as by cutting or shaving, some of the scholars regard this as being the same as plucking, because it is changing the creation of Allaah, so there is no difference between plucking, cutting or shaving. This is undoubtedly more on the safe side, so a person must avoid that, whether man or woman.” (Quoted from Fataawa ‘Ulama’ al-Balad al-Haraam, p. 577) The following question was mentioned in Fataawa al-Lajnah al-Daa’imah (5/196): A young woman has very thick eyebrows that make her look bad. This girl was forced to shave part of the area between the eyebrows and to reduce the rest so that she will look acceptable to her husband. The Committee replied: “It is not permissible to shave the eyebrows or reduce then, because that is the namas (plucking) for which the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) cursed the one who does it and the one who asks for it to be done. What you must do is repent and pray for forgiveness for what you have done in the past, and beware of that in the future. Another question (5/195) was put to the Committee: Namas means removing some of the hair of the eyebrows, and is not permitted, because the Messenger (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) cursed the woman who plucks her eyebrows and the one who has that done, but it is permissible for a woman to remove a beard or moustache, if one grows, or hair from her legs or arms.” The hadeeth which says that the woman who plucks the eyebrows or who has that done is cursed was narrated by al-Bukhaari (4886) and Muslim (2125), from the hadeeth of ‘Abd-Allaah ibn Mas’ood (may Allaah be pleased with him). The point is that it is haraam to remove any hair from the eyebrows, whether all the hair is removed by shaving, or some of it is removed by cutting. Anything apart from that is permissible, such as removing hair from the arms and legs, and the area between the eyebrows. The following appeared in Fataawa al-Lajnah (5/197): Question: What is the ruling on plucking the hair between the eyebrows? Answer: It is permissible to pluck it, because it is not part of the eyebrows. And Allaah knows best."

Yeah, sure you know what you are talking about. I find it funny how u can suggest that you can modify eyebrows and then go and tell people to do research. I think you might need to.(I know what I am talking about thank you very much )

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=Baneenkadhim;62308567]
    What the heck! Are you even a muslim? It's so hypocritical for you to say something evidently without ur own research. Don't say stupid things unless u know what u are talking about. [I have made my research and no where in the Quran does it says its haram to change your appearance well unless your Sunni and find everything haram, the girl want to have a nose job to remove something because she fell down and broken it, and having a surgery to remove it there is nothing wrong with that]
    What the hell are you talking about, look at the above quote u spud. I follow the teachings of allah and his messenger (SAW) and the sahaaba. Don't try to act like you know everything and say Sunni think everything is haraam. Follow the sunnah.

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=Baneenkadhim;62308663][QUOTE=..........;62308553]

(I know what I am talking about thank you very much )
    Clearly not, now you should probably stop speaking because u are talking rubbish.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I think that is the reason why people say cosmetic surgery is haram. However, the bump on my nose was due to me injurying my nose rather than my genetics as everyone else in my family has generally nicely shaped noses so I'm quite confused on this
    (Original post by homeland.lsw)
    Sorry how is it haram? Genuinely curious on this, is it because you are changing your body which was created by Allah?
    (Original post by FluffyCherry)

There is evidence in the Sunnah to indicate that they are permissible and that the one who does them does not intend to change the creation of Allaah.
    Why so many Muslim parents circumcise their children then?

ReputationRep:
    Many would say yes if it were purely for enhancing beauty or whatever, but a repair isn't considered as being so. But then again, you're better off asking someone who actually knows about this stuff rather than a student forum. If it helps, Iran apparently undergoes the most nose job surgeries despite it being an Islamic country.

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=Baneenkadhim;62308567]
    What the heck! Are you even a muslim? It's so hypocritical for you to say something evidently without ur own research. Don't say stupid things unless u know what u are talking about. [I have made my research and no where in the Quran does it says its haram to change your appearance well unless your Sunni and find everything haram, the girl want to have a nose job to remove something because she fell down and broken it, and having a surgery to remove it there is nothing wrong with that]
    Do you realise what you said? You said unless you are sunni then it does say that u aren't allowed to change your appearance. How old are you? Surely your intellect shouldn't lead you to believe what u are speaking.

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=..........;62308703][QUOTE=Baneenkadhim;62308663][QUOTE=..........;62308553]

Clearly not, now you should probably stop speaking because u are talking rubbish.[just like you]

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=Baneenkadhim;62308795][QUOTE=..........;62308703][QUOTE=Baneenkadhim;62308663]

Clearly not, now you should probably stop speaking because u are talking rubbish.[just like you]
    What the hell are you doing with ur quotes and putting your replies in brackets. Just be quiet already.

ReputationRep:
    Lol this thread went from nose job to eyebrows.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.