Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

UK Jobs for a 15 year old Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I'm 16 in a few months and I'm looking for a part time job. I have no previous experience in the workplace so i don't know where to start. I have a lot of free time and could do weekends and perhaps 1 or 2 weekdays after school. What to you recommend for me?

Any help appreciated! Thank You!

ReputationRep:
    Until you have left high school you're going to struggle to find anything if I'm honest. Perhaps a paper round.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nicoledaysie)
    I'm 16 in a few months and I'm looking for a part time job. I have no previous experience in the workplace so i don't know where to start. I have a lot of free time and could do weekends and perhaps 1 or 2 weekdays after school. What to you recommend for me?

Any help appreciated! Thank You!
    You'll probably only be able to do cash in hand jobs as you don't have a national insurance number yet. The best way to get one is through other people, in my experience. Try asking friends and classmates. That's how I got my first job at my local football ground. 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Thank you so much! That's ironic because I just asked my friend if his job is looking for staff and he said they're hiring and he offered me lifts too - win win situation hahah

ReputationRep:
    Got my first job at 14, handing CVs out (hundreds) everywhere and anywhere is the only way I've been able to get jobs under 16, and a bit of luck! And don't be picky, hand them out absolutely everywhere, oh and pay leaves a lot to be desired so if you find somewhere then good on you (I've been paid as low as £3 an hour)

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    How are your GCSEs going so far?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.