Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Important Criteria:1). Academic Reputation2). Employer Reputation3). Facilities4). Name Recognition (among the general public)I've been stressing about this for months need some opinions I'm an international student so can't visit until summer unfortunately, may you give me your opinions?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Davidofthecaves)
    Important Criteria:1). Academic Reputation2). Employer Reputation3). Facilities4). Name Recognition (among the general public)I've been stressing about this for months need some opinions I'm an international student so can't visit until summer unfortunately, may you give me your opinions?
    They are both pretty decent. I don't know a great deal about Leeds but it has a good rep academically its solid but Exeter is more well known in the Russell Group. Look at the league tables, Exeter is 10 and Leeds is 19/or the guardians 9 to 23. For law though, they are both in very similar places.

Facilities wise Exeter has just invested millions into the campus and has a fantastic (law)library.It also topped student satisfaction for all RG uni's in the UK during 2014, although accommodation could be better. I don't really know much about Leeds facilitates truthfully.

Name recog with the public. This is totally subjective but Exeter is generally considered positively in ways a lot of normal/middle class students, it has a very sporty reputation and is great for people who love nature as there is lots around. Negatively, Exeter as city is very small and considered very boring by most as the night life is quite bad. Also there is a (very) small proportion of Eton/posh upper class snob prep types at Exeter which is off putting.

By contrast Leeds is exciting and has a good rep for partying and cool kids to many which is great if your into it but unfortunately a lot of people associate this with drugs. Good shopping and accommodation there too. A lot less safer than Exeter as its wayyy bigger. As its a bigger city naturally its more multicultural ect than Exeter which can be insular but surprisingly have a large foreign student and asian community at the uni (people are speculating its because Exeter has the more "traditional" English experience with the architecture and countryside a lot of foreign students like)

For grad prospects, there doesn't seem to be much variation between them either. Leed's was however one of the top 10 unis targeted by top employers in 2014-15. Personally, though Exeter's rep is getting better every year with employers and is well known
    http://www.highfliers.co.uk/download...GMReport15.pdf
    http://www.chambersstudent.co.uk/med...university.pdf
    check these out further
    Sorry didn't really address your criteria but hope I was helpful some how lol

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.