Psychology Studies

Watch this thread
Katie Cox
Badges: 0
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Hey everyone.

Just wondering if people have any tips on how they are learning studies and case studies. I find the procedures and results if my studies in detail quite difficult to remember sometimes, and am also having trouble learning the case studies we use as evidence?

Anything to say about how you learn/suggestions?

Thanks
Findlay6
Badges: 19
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 6 years ago
Rote learning - aka repeating information until you remember it (almost like singing a song constantly until you remember all the words)

Visual/colourful mindmaps. Get to the point where you only need a few words to remind you of the whole study.

Association - relate it to things in your daily life, or create a story out of it.
Katie Cox
Rep:
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Hey. Thanks for the reply. Rote learning was something I haven't thought of yet. Might be useful to actually make a song of it as I am quite a musical person.
Black Rose
Badges: 21
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Katie Cox)
Hey everyone.

Just wondering if people have any tips on how they are learning studies and case studies. I find the procedures and results if my studies in detail quite difficult to remember sometimes, and am also having trouble learning the case studies we use as evidence?

Anything to say about how you learn/suggestions?

Thanks
Make notes on study, summarise the case study (limit number of words) and learn, then get to the point where you have a couple words to prompt you to remember and test your memory of it. If you get it wrong or can't remember, go back a step and learn it.
VictoriaWhiting
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
What I usually do is simplify the theories! I usually use flash cards and bullet points: theory name, theorist, year and what they researched & findings.

For example: Rosenhan, 1973, Being sane in insane places. Looks at labels, findings out x x x

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Do you know what you'll do if you don't get the grades you're hoping for?

Find something else in clearing (2)
22.22%
Take a gap year (1)
11.11%
Resit my exams (3)
33.33%
Look for alternate pathways to the career I want (1)
11.11%
I don't know yet (1)
11.11%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (1)
11.11%

Watched Threads