Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Art - Natural/Mechanical Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hey! I'm doing GCSE Art (AQA) and I have a theme of natural/mechanical.
    I started in about october time, but haven't done much. Here's what I've done:

Artist studies - Georgia O'keefe - did a silk painting of one of her flower work and photos
    - Andrew Chase - just drew one of his work from photos - any ideas to expand?

Then looked at human body - because its natural yet pretty mechanical - drew some drawings from the photos

thought of a few initial ideas - tree form a heart, flowers carved into skull, heart and lungs intaglio
    developed heart and lungs intaglio into series of 3 = normal heart and lung - normal with a bit of mechanical parts then completely mechanical.
    (Also dissected a pigs heart and lung to see the details.

But... my sketchbook looks very boring and controlled, any tips and ideas how to make it more interesting? and tips to develop my final piece and possibly add flowers to link it to georgia o'keefe?

Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bonnie 99)
    Hey! I'm doing GCSE Art (AQA) and I have a theme of natural/mechanical.
    I started in about october time, but haven't done much. Here's what I've done:

Artist studies - Georgia O'keefe - did a silk painting of one of her flower work and photos
    - Andrew Chase - just drew one of his work from photos - any ideas to expand?

Then looked at human body - because its natural yet pretty mechanical - drew some drawings from the photos

thought of a few initial ideas - tree form a heart, flowers carved into skull, heart and lungs intaglio
    developed heart and lungs intaglio into series of 3 = normal heart and lung - normal with a bit of mechanical parts then completely mechanical.
    (Also dissected a pigs heart and lung to see the details.

But... my sketchbook looks very boring and controlled, any tips and ideas how to make it more interesting? and tips to develop my final piece and possibly add flowers to link it to georgia o'keefe?

Thank you!
    Also, my interpretation is that the mechanical world is slowly but will eventually take over the natural world and also that humans deteriorate as they age so need to get natural things replaced e.g. heart valves, metal hips etc.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.