Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Printing photos for my online shop. Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hello fellow photographers,

I have been interested in photography for over 3 years now and I feel I have reached a suitable standard to setup a website for myself and possibly sell some of my prints.

I am ok with making a website and everything however the greatest struggle for me would be the printing of the photos.

How do you print your photo? Do you use an online service like photo box? If so whats the quality like?

Thanks
    WSmith7069
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WSmith7069)
    Hello fellow photographers,

I have been interested in photography for over 3 years now and I feel I have reached a suitable standard to setup a website for myself and possibly sell some of my prints.

I am ok with making a website and everything however the greatest struggle for me would be the printing of the photos.

How do you print your photo? Do you use an online service like photo box? If so whats the quality like?

Thanks
    WSmith7069
    I've used photobox and the quality was good and prices fair. Even for an enormous 36 x 48 inch print of a night time photograph.

The best thing is to do a couple of test runs with these firms. Having a proper printer is a huge expense and I'd definitely recommend avoid it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Neostigmine)
    I've used photobox and the quality was good and prices fair. Even for an enormous 36 x 48 inch print of a night time photograph.

The best thing is to do a couple of test runs with these firms. Having a proper printer is a huge expense and I'd definitely recommend avoid it.
    Hi

Thanks for that! I still have a couple of questions:

On the back of the print is there any branding of photo box?

What other firms do you recommend? I don't want to be wasting my time trying them all out.

Thank you

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I use photobox for my prints and have never had an issue with the quality. They come with an ID number on the back (quite small and faint) to identify the photo on their system but I don't think there is anything to identify the fact that it was printed by photobox. That said I don't spend too long looking at the back of the photos!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Talon)
    I use photobox for my prints and have never had an issue with the quality. They come with an ID number on the back (quite small and faint) to identify the photo on their system but I don't think there is anything to identify the fact that it was printed by photobox. That said I don't spend too long looking at the back of the photos!
    Quite true, I just don't want unnecessary branding on the back of my prints. It looks more professional. Thanks for your help!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    FYI I checked my photos and there is no photobox branding. The only thing on them is the ID number and a faint watermark to identify the type of paper, which in the case of my photos is "Fujicolor Crystal Archive Paper".

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Talon)
    FYI I checked my photos and there is no photobox branding. The only thing on them is the ID number and a faint watermark to identify the type of paper, which in the case of my photos is "Fujicolor Crystal Archive Paper".
    Thats perfect! Thanks

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
    Useful resources

Articles:

The Student Room tech wikiTech forum guidelines

Quick link:

Unanswered technology and computers threads

Sponsored features:

Web Legend

Win a Macbook Air!

Blog about setting up a website for a chance to win in our Web Legend competition.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.