Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Can you put an unconditional as your Insurance??? Watch

University Navigation

ReputationRep:
    So i received and unconditional offer form Leicester, but i want to know whether if i was to firm Leicester, will my unconditional stay put or will it turn into a conditional? Pls reply, need help

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kxx_)
    So i received and unconditional offer form Leicester, but i want to know whether if i was to firm Leicester, will my unconditional stay put or will it turn into a conditional? Pls reply, need help
    Yes, you can, as long as the terms of the unconditional offer aren't that it is only unconditional if firmed. Check on Track to make sure. You can't have any insurance with an unconditional firm, because there are no conditions you might fail to meet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kxx_)
    Some Unis allow it, some state that an unconditional offer is only valid if accepted as a students firm offer.

Best bet, contact the University tomorrow to ask what their position is.

ReputationRep:
    An unconditional offer is an unconditional offer. It cannot magically turn into a conditional offer.

You can accept an unconditional offer as your insurance unless you have accepted an unconditional offer as your firm, in which case you don't need insurance.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Carnationlilyrose)
    Yes, you can, as long as the terms of the unconditional offer aren't that it is only unconditional if firmed. Check on Track to make sure. You can't have any insurance with an unconditional firm, because there are no conditions you might fail to meet.
    Even if the letter states that it is only unconditional if you firm it, could you ring up the uni and negotiate and try to get them to give you an unconditional insurance?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Carnationlilyrose)
    Okay thank you so much xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mackemforever)
    Some Unis allow it, some state that an unconditional offer is only valid if accepted as a students firm offer.

Best bet, contact the University tomorrow to ask what their position is.
    Yeah so true, thank you x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Good bloke)
    An unconditional offer is an unconditional offer. It cannot magically turn into a conditional offer.

You can accept an unconditional offer as your insurance unless you have accepted an unconditional offer as your firm, in which case you don't need insurance.
    Ohhh makes sense! Thanksss! xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by connieiscrazy)
    Even if the letter states that it is only unconditional if you firm it, could you ring up the uni and negotiate and try to get them to give you an unconditional insurance?
    You would be wasting everyone's time. The whole point of making the offer unconditional if you firmly accept it is to make you accept it firmly. They aren't interested in encouraging insurance acceptances.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I'll have to call up and ask but I'm so nervous! Ahh thank you x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Good bloke)
    You would be wasting everyone's time. The whole point of making the offer unconditional if you firmly accept it is to make you accept it firmly. They aren't interested in encouraging insurance acceptances.
    Yeah tbh thats why im nervous lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kxx_)
    Ohhh makes sense! Thanksss! xx
    But remember that CarnationLilyRose is quite correct above. I forgot about offers that become unconditional only if you accept them firmly. They are conditional if accepted as insurance.

ReputationRep:
    Well, you can always try, but I wouldn't expect you to succeed. An 'unconditional offer when firmed' is a marketing tool by the university to make sure the student puts them as firm, because knowing this kind of thing early is advantageous to the university (and not necessarily to the student) and they are much less bothered about hanging onto someone who probably won't go there.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.