Ladies, tell us your secrets Watch

NextGenLeader
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
As a guy I've never put much effort into my skin/hair/body care, I just never thought it was necessary. But as I'm getting older my looks have deteriorated so much from breakout scars, dry skin, sun burning, shaving, black eyes, wrinkles, creases etc. I'm 21 but looking 28 while most of you 21 year old ladies are looking 18 🤔

Ive had breakouts since I was a teen but they never left any marks on my face but until recently my face has literally been covered in marks from breakouts and they're just not going away. Any tips????

My skin is rather pale but my eyes have become really black over the last year, it can't be lack of sleep because I get 8 hours sleep every night :s what to do??? It could be my diet but I'm working on that

Also when I wash my hair it completely dries out and becomes sooo flat that I look like I'm wearing a wig, then I need to use hair products and to style or put some volume in it but all that junk makes my hair fall out so I want natural volume hair and stuff you know? How do you look after your hair? And get it looking so luscious and stuff

If anyone else has anything please add

Thank you ladies in advance
Sabertooth
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by NextGenLeader)
Also when I wash my hair it completely dries out and becomes sooo flat that I look like I'm wearing a wig, then I need to use hair products and to style or put some volume in it but all that junk makes my hair fall out so I want natural volume hair and stuff you know? How do you look after your hair? And get it looking so luscious and stuff
I have extremely soft, thin hair and like you if I don't do anything it goes really flat.

Have you tried a hairdryer? If I'm in a rush I borrow my wife's hairdryer; hold my head upside down and blast it hot while running my fingers through. Then set it with cold air.
Daniellaaa
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
You should try a home made scrub
Blondie987
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
changing your diet always makes a big difference, try to eat more raw fruit and veg and invest in natural grooming products
NextGenLeader
Rep:
?
(Original post by Sabertooth)
I have extremely soft, thin hair and like you if I don't do anything it goes really flat.

Have you tried a hairdryer? If I'm in a rush I borrow my wife's hairdryer; hold my head upside down and blast it hot while running my fingers through. Then set it with cold air.
My hairs really soft and thin also, I thought blow drying hair damages the hair but that's probably just hot air, I will give cold air a go and see if it works!
Star-girl
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
As a guy I've never put much effort into my skin/hair/body care, I just never thought it was necessary. But as I'm getting older my looks have deteriorated so much from breakout scars, dry skin, sun burning, shaving, black eyes, wrinkles, creases etc. I'm 21 but looking 28 while most of you 21 year old ladies are looking 18 🤔

Ive had breakouts since I was a teen but they never left any marks on my face but until recently my face has literally been covered in marks from breakouts and they're just not going away. Any tips????

My skin is rather pale but my eyes have become really black over the last year, it can't be lack of sleep because I get 8 hours sleep every night :s what to do??? It could be my diet but I'm working on that

If anyone else has anything please add

Thank you ladies in advance
1. Excessive sun exposure is really bad for your skin. If you are getting sun burn, you are spending too much time in the sun/not protecting yourself enough. This will crease/wrinkle your skin as well as increasing your chances of skin cancer.

2. If you have a bad diet, it shows on your body in multiple ways so yes your diet probably has a lot to do with it if you are suspecting it.

3. Don't put stuff in your hair if it makes it fall out. :lolwut: Do you wash your hair everyday? If you do, that is really bad for your hair and will dry it out. As will using a lot of heat in your hair.

4. Do you drink enough water? Dehydration makes your skin and hair dry as well as making you not able to function properly.

5. Do you get regular exercise? It does wonders for your body other than helping to keep you a healthy weight.

6. Are you really stressed? If you are, identify the areas of your life that are causing it and try and do something about them that would at least reduce the stress. A lot of stress causes hormonal imbalances in your body that can lead to all sorts of things including hair falling out, breakouts, dark circles under eyes.

7. Do you touch your face a lot/have hair that falls into your face? Touching your face a lot not only irritates the skin, but it transfers all the dirt from your fingers/nails onto your face and so increases the likelihood of breakouts. If you have hair in your face, all the dirt/product from it is going to be rubbing on your face and having the same effect. Also don't pick and prod at your spots - you'll only get more scars and spread the gunk.

I could recommend some products, but all the hair and skin products in the world won't help you if you aren't taking care of your body.
SophieSmall
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Get a good skin care routine and drink more water, dehydration won't be making your skin look any better. Stay out of the sun and always wear something with spf and pa++ in it, regardless of whether it is sunny the sun is still damaging your skin.
NextGenLeader
Rep:
?
(Original post by Star-girl)
1. Excessive sun exposure is really bad for your skin. If you are getting sun burn, you are spending too much time in the sun/not protecting yourself enough. This will crease/wrinkle your skin as well as increasing your chances of skin cancer.

2. If you have a bad diet, it shows on your body in multiple ways so yes your diet probably has a lot to do with it if you are suspecting it.

3. Don't put stuff in your hair if it makes it fall out. :lolwut: Do you wash your hair everyday? If you do, that is really bad for your hair and will dry it out. As will using a lot of heat in your hair.

4. Do you drink enough water? Dehydration makes your skin and hair dry as well as making you not able to function properly.

5. Do you get regular exercise? It does wonders for your body other than helping to keep you a healthy weight.

6. Are you really stressed? If you are, identify the areas of your life that are causing it and try and do something about them that would at least reduce the stress. A lot of stress causes hormonal imbalances in your body that can lead to all sorts of things including hair falling out, breakouts, dark circles under eyes.

7. Do you touch your face a lot/have hair that falls into your face? Touching your face a lot not only irritates the skin, but it transfers all the dirt from your fingers/nails onto your face and so increases the likelihood of breakouts. If you have hair in your face, all the dirt/product from it is going to be rubbing on your face and having the same effect. Also don't pick and prod at your spots - you'll only get more scars and spread the gunk.

I could recommend some products, but all the hair and skin products in the world won't help you if you aren't taking care of your body.
Yes I definitely need to avoid the sun I think! I guess my diet can improve but it's quite hard sticking to a strict no junk diet with a busy schedule 😫
Yes I used to shampoo everyday 😳 But then I realised what it was doing to my hair so I try to shampoo every third day now but it's still dry af on the day I wash it 😩
I do exercise very regularly and drink lots and lots of water
But last few years have been really stressful 😩😩😩That is probably the biggest thing
Yes I do touch my face 😫 its more of a unconscious thing

Thank you for taking your time to make some excellent points, I'm going to try and stick to all of them and hopefully I'll get my youth back!! 😀
Star-girl
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Yes I definitely need to avoid the sun I think! I guess my diet can improve but it's quite hard sticking to a strict no junk diet with a busy schedule 😫
Yes I used to shampoo everyday 😳 But then I realised what it was doing to my hair so I try to shampoo every third day now but it's still dry af on the day I wash it 😩
I do exercise very regularly and drink lots and lots of water
But last few years have been really stressful 😩😩😩That is probably the biggest thing
Yes I do touch my face 😫 its more of a unconscious thing

Thank you for taking your time to make some excellent points, I'm going to try and stick to all of them and hopefully I'll get my youth back!! 😀
You don't have to never eat junk, just limit it.

Shampoo is quite harsh and drying, so make sure that after you shampoo, you use conditioner. If it's still too dry, then wash your hair with conditioner rather than shampoo most of the time you wash your hair. I do this for my hair since it tends to get very dry - it now retains moisture much better now and is really soft. :cute:

Yeah - stress is a huge youth killer.

Yeah. Try and make a conscious effort not to do it. You should see positive results fairly soon after. Also wash your face with a gentle cleanser at least once a day (to remove dirt build up) and no more than twice a day (you don't want to strip your face of all its essential oils). Then use a light moisturiser that is specifically for the face (body ones tend to be too heavy).

You're welcome! Good luck with it!
Shadez
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
NextGenLeader
Rep:
?
(Original post by Star-girl)
You don't have to never eat junk, just limit it.

Shampoo is quite harsh and drying, so make sure that after you shampoo, you use conditioner. If it's still too dry, then wash your hair with conditioner rather than shampoo most of the time you wash your hair. I do this for my hair since it tends to get very dry - it now retains moisture much better now and is really soft. :cute:

Yeah - stress is a huge youth killer.

Yeah. Try and make a conscious effort not to do it. You should see positive results fairly soon after. Also wash your face with a gentle cleanser at least once a day (to remove dirt build up) and no more than twice a day (you don't want to strip your face of all its essential oils). Then use a light moisturiser that is specifically for the face (body ones tend to be too heavy).

You're welcome! Good luck with it!
Hmm conditioner?? I shall definitely try that out!
I scrub my face with exfoliator twice a day, every morning and night 😳 Which I've realised right now is too much
Thanks once again!!!!
Star-girl
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hmm moisturiser?? I shall definitely try that out!
I scrub my face with exfoliator twice a day, every morning and night 😳 Which I've realised right now is too much
Thanks once again!!!!
Yeah.

Definitely too much! You've been irritating your skin.

You're welcome.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (140)
18.74%
Labour (319)
42.7%
Liberal Democrats (152)
20.35%
Green Party (41)
5.49%
Brexit Party (21)
2.81%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (2)
0.27%
SNP (9)
1.2%
Plaid Cymru (6)
0.8%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (1)
0.13%
Sinn Fein (1)
0.13%
SDLP (0)
0%
Ulster Unionist (1)