The Student Room Group

Any budding writers on TSR?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Zacken
I'm going to look for the "fat meanies" thread and tag you.

JK wouldn't approve of that
Reply 21
Original post by Repsol
Does anyone on here hope to become a published writer one day?
If so:

Fiction or Non-fiction?

What kind of writer do you want to be? (Novelist, poet, journalist, etc?)

Who are your literary idols?

Favourite novel?

Do you have any particular goals relating to your writing? (To finish a novel by the age of 20; To be published by the age of 25; etc.?)

I'll get things started: I aim to have one or more of my short stories published (in a reputable journal) by the age of 20. I hope to have finished my first novel within one year of leaving university. My favourite novel at present would have to be Wuthering Heights, though this tends to change frequently. My literary idols include Hunter S. Thompson, Ernest Hemingway, F. Scott Fitzgerald, J.D. Salinger and the Brontë sisters.

Let's bask in our outlandish ambitions together, friends :u:

Fiction and Non-fiction

Novelist

Conn Iggulden

Ring of Five

To publish my third book soon... !!!
Original post by Kyx
Fiction and Non-fiction

Novelist

Conn Iggulden

Ring of Five

To publish my third book soon... !!!

Wow already published! Do you have links to any information about them?
Reply 23
Original post by a noble chance
Wow already published! Do you have links to any information about them?

https://tablo.io/jordan-perry/
wanna be a fiction writer, my fave writers include George Orwell. I like dystopian type books plus non-fiction feminist literature.
Original post by Repsol
Does anyone on here hope to become a published writer one day?If so:

Fiction or Non-fiction?

What kind of writer do you want to be? (Novelist, poet, journalist, etc?)

Who are your literary idols?

Favourite novel?

Do you have any particular goals relating to your writing? (To finish a novel by the age of 20; To be published by the age of 25; etc.?)

I'll get things started: I aim to have one or more of my short stories published (in a reputable journal) by the age of 20. I hope to have finished my first novel within one year of leaving university. My favourite novel at present would have to be Wuthering Heights, though this tends to change frequently. My literary idols include Hunter S. Thompson, Ernest Hemingway, F. Scott Fitzgerald, J.D. Salinger and the Brontë sisters.Let's bask in our outlandish ambitions together, friends :u:

Fiction (crime/thriller)

Novelist

None

I have too many :mmm:

Finish a specific part of the book by September
New book - launching Friday :smile:

Spoiler

This is my third book so far, but it's actually a prequel to my other two, so technically not part of the same series.
Original post by SecretDuck
I wrote a textbook to simplify maths proofs, but the traditional publishers don't like these sort of books.

I have written many stories, ranging from satire to adventure, and I'm implementing my adventure story into a game. It was originally a book but I don't think Richard and Judy would like it.

Would you be willing to sell a copy by yourself via Amazon or eBay? :3
Original post by Hydeman
Would you be willing to sell a copy by yourself via Amazon or eBay? :3

I'm selling it on Stuvia at the moment. I'll definitely sell on Amazon once I have more followers. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending