Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Would you date an asexual? Watch

Announcements
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jenx301)
    Guessing you're a virgin? You will probs change your mind once you get a partner and start sleeping with them.
    Indeed I am, all I hear from everyone is that sex is overrated anyway.

Plus the asexuals I've interacted with seem rather rational, so if sex becomes a big deal we could discuss it and reach a solution.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by driftawaay)
    Wtf wouldnt it bother you that she isnt gagging for u to put your pork sword inside her? Smh

My friends after I showed them that sentence.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Attachments Pending Approval
  1. File Type: jpg ImageUploadedByStudent Room1453059883.267004.jpg (40.8 KB)

ReputationRep:
    As long as they didn't mind the fact that I'm not, I guess I would consider it.

There's ways and means of getting around the "sex need". And for me personally, it doesn't *have* to happen

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jenx301)
    If they enjoy sex then doesn't that mean they aren't asexual? Sorry if I have misunderstood. I wouldn't want to have sex with someone who wasn't sexually attracted to me.
    Don't worry, I didn't understand either for absolutely ages (and I identify as ace too whoops). Tbh I think the majority of people on this thread have misunderstood what sexual attraction is too, hence some of the responses.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    When I was confused about my sexuality (or lack of, haha) what I struggled with most was what sexual attraction actually was, because I had no idea if I'd ever actually felt it or not as I had no idea what it was supposed to feel like

If someone's asexual, it doesn't necessarily mean that they never want to have sex ever and wouldn't enjoy it if they did (there are some who feel this way, and there are some who don't, and people who fall somewhere in the middle - all are okay) - it's more that they don't just look at people and think something along the lines of 'damn I'd tap that'.
    Thinking someone's good looking, as well as having romantic/platonic/whatever feelings for someone, are entirely separate, and it also doesn't stop that person from wanting to have and enjoying sex with a partner (unless they're sex repulsed).

Hopefully this clears things up (or at least this is my interpretation of it, anyway - if I've got the wrong end of the stick anywhere feel free to correct me)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spock's Socks)
    Gladly. I could happily go without sex in a relationship as long as we were still affectionate.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    *******s
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lightwoXd)
    Don't worry, I didn't understand either for absolutely ages (and I identify as ace too whoops). Tbh I think the majority of people on this thread have misunderstood what sexual attraction is too, hence some of the responses.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    When I was confused about my sexuality (or lack of, haha) what I struggled with most was what sexual attraction actually was, because I had no idea if I'd ever actually felt it or not as I had no idea what it was supposed to feel like

If someone's asexual, it doesn't necessarily mean that they never want to have sex ever and wouldn't enjoy it if they did (there are some who feel this way, and there are some who don't, and people who fall somewhere in the middle - all are okay) - it's more that they don't just look at people and think something along the lines of 'damn I'd tap that'.
    Thinking someone's good looking, as well as having romantic/platonic/whatever feelings for someone, are entirely separate, and it also doesn't stop that person from wanting to have and enjoying sex with a partner (unless they're sex repulsed).

Hopefully this clears things up (or at least this is my interpretation of it, anyway - if I've got the wrong end of the stick anywhere feel free to correct me)
    Damn, now you're making me think I might be asexual:dontknow:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MezzaTheMez)
    I've seen some of these for bisexuals and just wondered the opinion on aces (as in can't feel sexual attraction but can feel romantic attraction)
    What about a demisexual?
    What about a grey ace?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I want the closeness of physical intimacy, so no. I'm pretty sure an asexual person wouldn't want to date me either

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Andy98)
    Damn, now you're making me think I might be asexual:dontknow:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    The true ace agenda... *evil laughter*
    Just kidding, if you are then great if you're not then great if you don't know great it's all good really!
    If you want to know more the asexuality.org is pretty good or there's a good blog I liked called f*ckyeahasexual.tumblr.com or you can ask us lovely ppl ofc

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 0range)
    *******s
    What's your problem with my post?
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    The true ace agenda... *evil laughter*
    Just kidding, if you are then great if you're not then great if you don't know great it's all good really!
    If you want to know more the asexuality.org is pretty good or there's a good blog I liked called f*ckyeahasexual.tumblr.com or you can ask us lovely ppl ofc

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Tbh there's that many words out there that I don't really care what I fit under

I mean I'd class myself as straight in the sense that I'd only approach women romantically and I'd like to have sex at some point (if only to see what it's really like) but I don't look at them and think "please take my penis". Not sure that makes any sense, but yeah

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Spoiler:
    Show

I thought that was the case with most people though. Like when I look at a person, I don't think "oh, I wanna have sex with them" unless I have some sort of romantic connection with them regardless whether I find them extremely attractive.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spock's socks)
    what's your problem with my post?
    lies lies and slander
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 0range)
    lies lies and slander
    Lol believe that you want.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Andy98)
    Tbh there's that many words out there that I don't really care what I fit under

I mean I'd class myself as straight in the sense that I'd only approach women romantically and I'd like to have sex at some point (if only to see what it's really like) but I don't look at them and think "please take my penis". Not sure that makes any sense, but yeah

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Wish more people were chill like this XD so done with how sex obsessed most people I know are ;_;

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Wish more people were chill like this XD so done with how sex obsessed most people I know are ;_;

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Haha fair enough, tbh I mainly want a relationship to have a companion and someone who doesn't mind my constant breakdowns

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheGreatImposter)
    I thought that was the case with most people though. Like when I look at a person, I don't think "oh, I wanna have sex with them" unless I have some sort of romantic connection with them regardless whether I find them extremely attractive.
    I think there's a difference between sexual attraction and 'wanting' to have sex with someone because sexual attraction is whatever it is (idk about that im ace lol) but wanting to have sex is like 'i want to do this because of having a child/it would make them happy/whatever' if that makes sense?
    Ofc nobody really understands all this stuff so that's what makes it so interesting to discuss!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheGreatImposter)
    All I can say is :dontknow:

I know that a lot of people do, but I still don't fully understand how the whole thing works tbh so I wouldn't want to make any claims otherwise.

ReputationRep:
    If they are willing to have sex and enjoy it, then yes. But I could never date a person and never have sex.

ReputationRep:
    So many labels People are weird.

ReputationRep:
    I think there's a difference between sexual attraction and 'wanting' to have sex with someone because sexual attraction is whatever it is (idk about that im ace lol) but wanting to have sex is like 'i want to do this because of having a child/it would make them happy/whatever' if that makes sense?
    Ofc nobody really understands all this stuff so that's what makes it so interesting to discuss!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hmmmmm, that's actually really interesting, so would you say someone who experience arousal over someone else would mean that they're not asexual?

All I can say is :dontknow:

I know that a lot of people do, but I still don't fully understand how the whole thing works tbh so I wouldn't want to make any claims otherwise.
    Yeah I think even within a sexuality there is so much variation, but I think I understand it a little better. I wish this was talked about more though because you don't really get to hear much about asexuality.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 18, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.