The Student Room Group

How do you revise?

How long do you revise for each day before exams? And what are your favourite revision techniques and tips to stay motivated?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I don't...

Spoiler

(edited 8 years ago)
I revise from no time at all a day to a few (four or five) hours a day. I revise best in the evenings when it's quieter and darker, for some reason. I prefer using method of loci because I'm good at visualisation.
I personally don't.

An Adderall milkshake does the trick.
Original post by BobbyFlay
I personally don't.

An Adderall milkshake does the trick.

Am I stupid if I ask what Adderall actually is? I have been hearing it over and over, but cba to look it up...
Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes
Am I stupid if I ask what Adderall actually is? I have been hearing it over and over, but cba to look it up...

ADD / ADHD medication, makes you focus.
Original post by BobbyFlay
ADD / ADHD medication, makes you focus.

Oh okay! Do you have to prescribed it?

I won't take it, I promise! :redface:
Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes

Adderall is a combination drug containing salts of the two enantiomers of amphetamine, a psychostimulant of the phenethylamine class
I don't.

Spoiler

Reply 9
Original post by Mactotaur
I revise from no time at all a day to a few (four or five) hours a day. I revise best in the evenings when it's quieter and darker, for some reason. I prefer using method of loci because I'm good at visualisation.

Interesting :smile: What's the method of loci? Haven't heard of that one before
Past papers and flash cards are probably the best way to study!
Reply 11
Since being in A level, I've been using flashcards and making new/condensed notes. I used to find mindmaps helpful too but didn't do any for my recent mocks :smile:
get rid of all distractions lock yourself in a room for 20 mins revise by teaching a teddy bear or something, test yourself using an exam Q and once you've got it let yourself have a break OUTSIDE and revisit that topic after a couple of days
Reply 13
Original post by TheSmartGirl
Past papers and flash cards are probably the best way to study!

I like those methods too :smile:
Reply 14
Original post by ...imrah
get rid of all distractions lock yourself in a room for 20 mins revise by teaching a teddy bear or something, test yourself using an exam Q and once you've got it let yourself have a break OUTSIDE and revisit that topic after a couple of days

Great tips, you must have some clever teddy bears :aetsch:
Original post by Chazshepp
Great tips, you must have some clever teddy bears :aetsch:

i teach one EVERYTHiNG so pretty clever lol
How long do you revise for each day before exams? And what are your favourite revision techniques and tips to stay motivated?

First i take notes, then I make flash cards to make sure I remember things properly, then I do past papers. Coffee helps, a lot. And in the lead-up to exams I revise 6 hours a day
Reply 17
Original post by alevelpain
First i take notes, then I make flash cards to make sure I remember things properly, then I do past papers. Coffee helps, a lot. And in the lead-up to exams I revise 6 hours a day

Wow 6 hours is a lot! I struggle to have the energy to do that much a day :biggrin: But I use a lot of those methods also :smile:
Wow 6 hours is a lot! I struggle to have the energy to do that much a day :biggrin: But I use a lot of those methods also :smile:

Where the coffee comes in :biggrin: Make sure you have breaks, and I also find it hard to stick to one subject a day, usually I do 4-6 for variety
Reply 19
Original post by alevelpain

How do you stay motivated?

Quick Reply

Latest