Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Girls lie Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    We all know you are intrinsically Machiavelli. Acting like being affluent isn't the top priority. I was asking this girl if she wanted a bracelet I bought a few years back and if she wanted to own it. She acted uninterested and said she wasn't interested in materialistic possesion and and prioritised other things. Awww I thought thats sweet. But soon as I revealed how much I shelled out for this bracelet, her tone of voice changed at a click of a finger and she seemed a lot more enthusiastic and willing to own the bracelet.

And this isn't the first time either i've witnessed a female put on this " money isn't important" act. Really you all want that £££££ and you know this maaaaaaaaaan. SMH

Why try to hide what is innate in you, and thats to chase the Queens head at whatever the cost.

ReputationRep:
    :rofl:

:yawn:

ReputationRep:
    Who dumped you?

ReputationRep:
    why is this news? :woo:
    • Welcome Squad

I'm laughing at the "soon as I revealed how much I shelled out for this bracelet, her tone of voice changed at a click of a finger" hahaha

ReputationRep:
    Girls aren't attracted to money, it's just guys with money are generally more interesting than poor people.

Imagine some guy who goes out to the pub every weekend to drink beer and watch football with his LAD mates, now compare that with some guy who flies out to Frankfurt every couple of weeks as some sort of godlike banker.

It's not really about money, it's about writing a story.

ReputationRep:
    She probably became more interested knowing that you spent a lot on it, so it implies that she means a lot to you? I dunno, lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ya Just Dunno)
    Because people lie and that incudes girls. Genius.
    wow way to generalise people. Someone is obviously putting something in your water supply.

ReputationRep:
    You got me, it's true, or am I lying???

ReputationRep:
    I would rather use someone for money than use them for their body (sex)
    Men lie to get into a girls underwear

ReputationRep:
    Should've included a trigger warning, bro J :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    Are you sure there wasn't a cute story to go along with the bracelet?

ReputationRep:
    Girls lie. Boys lie. Humans lie. Get over yourself mate

ReputationRep:
    Are You dense? Where in my quote does this have to do with a girl dumping me. Did You read the thread?

I said the girl acted uninterested in the bracelet but only wanted it after I told her the price. And shes my cousin You imbecile.
    if it was your cousin why would she want the bracelet if it wasn't worth alot? It's not like she has some romantic attachment to you that she'd want the bracelet regardless or just because you owned it :/

ReputationRep:
    Most humans like material things. I find it flabbergasting that you were shocked a girl became more enthusiastic about an item of jewellery when she found it was actually a decent item. Have you been living under a rock?

If something is valuable it's more appreciated than something not of value. Has this only just dawned on you? Why do you think people pay more money for items such as jewellery?

If someone said to you you can have this Next watch, or you could have a Rolex, are you telling me you wouldn't be the slightest bit more enthusiastic about the latter? :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xobeauty)
    Are you sure there wasn't a cute story to go along with the bracelet?
    For example?

ReputationRep:
    For example?
    Like Idk....

I had bought this for so so but she died so I saved it for a special girl.

That's horrible but you catch my drift.

ReputationRep:
    Women don't care about money at all. Women just care about personality. They want someone kind with a nice personality and who treats them like a princess. They want love and happiness, not money.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Savage R3N3GAD3)
    Women don't care about money at all. Women just care about personality. They want someone kind with a nice personality and who treats them like a princess. They want love and happiness, not money.
    No thats not true. And you know this!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.