Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

EDF 2016 Apprenticeship Watch

University Navigation

ReputationRep:
    If u applied for sizewell site like me then u can email Roger barge. But I don't think u applied for there? Best of luck mate

ReputationRep:
    So is the numerical reasoning test about basic maths or interpretaing data from a table as the practise test on shl seems to be about data

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I got an email back now confirming my interview and yeah I actually did go for the sizewell b anyone else has an interview there?

ReputationRep:
    Cool! I didn't get through to the interview. Really annoyed. But I felt I was underaged so at a disadvantage. I was the only one there who was 15. Most were 18 or 19 and at college, studying mechanical engineering. So how old are you, and how did u do on the tests?

ReputationRep:
    So is the numerical reasoning about basic mathematic problems or interperating data from a graph? Anyone?

ReputationRep:
    The numerical is not like shl. It's areas, basic subtraction. Ratios, but it's not really easy as you might think. I passed the technical, which is reading passages and answering questions. I passed the numerical The fault and mechanical I failed. This was probably cos I haven't done them at school. People like you are at college so may be studying it. Mechanical is pulleys and stuff. Fault will be explained ,I can't explain it to you. When is your testing day. As sizewellls testing is finished now so?

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the information and my test is tomorrow and I'm not at college yet so haven't seen them before, so in your opinion what grade would the tests be, B,C?

ReputationRep:
    Grade C. A although if your at high school like me. Then you wouldn't have done any of the mechanical or fault. So good luck. So u applying for sisewell

ReputationRep:
    No I applied for the maintenance engineering at Portsmouth and I have done lots of mechanical aptitude tests before when I applied for Nuvia and Heta so I hope there similar haha

ReputationRep:
    the email for the post testing interview doesn't say that we need to bring a presentation but i have read that other people saying they have took a presentation and I remember him saying at the testing session that we need to be able to present a presentation on any given subject.

ReputationRep:
    I got the apprenticeship with EDF starting in September. Anyone else successful? 😄

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I get to find out end of the week

ReputationRep:
    What station? Maintenance engineer?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Cottam what about you?

ReputationRep:
    Torness

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Any advice on the interview guys? Like what did it consists off and what questions were asked also what did you make your presentation about?

ReputationRep:
    I made a presentation but they didn't ask for it, when I ask one of the interviewers as they took me back to the reception after the interview he said he didn't know we had to do one

ReputationRep:
    Oh right mine said that i will have to do one about a project or a topic I like

ReputationRep:
    I never done one for mine

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    You're best of doing one incase

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 10, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
    Useful resources

Apprenticeship zone:

GIGF logo

Apprenticeship Zone

All you need to know about higher and degree apprenticeships.

GIGF logo

Meet the apprentices

Read these case studies from real apprentices to hear the truth about what it's like!

GIGF logo

Apprenticeship Vacancies

Find the latest higher and degree apprenticeship opportunities.

Featured recruiter profiles:

CGI logo

CGI is open for applications

"Offering a range of apprentice and sponsored degree positions."

ICAEW logo

ICAEW

"Choose a career journey with limitless possibilities."

Army logo

The Army is recruiting now

"With hundreds of roles available, there’s more than one way to be the best."

Quick links:

Unanswered apprenticeships and alternatives to university threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.