Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Calais refugees attack and mug journalists Watch

ReputationRep:

"While shooting for their independent production 'Calais: Welcome to the Jungle. ' photographer Teun Voeten and video artist Maaike Engels were mugged by three refugees armed with pepper spray and a big knife."

http://www.breitbart.com/london/2016...-migrant-camp/

"Members of the Calais Migrant Solidarity group have urged them to remove the clip from the Internet, stating menacingly: “You are not doing yourself a favour by putting it online as I think this is not what you came for to Calais…”

ReputationRep:
    I do not think this is true as according to Islam, it is impossible for a Muslim to be violent

ReputationRep:
    I think we should accept the old, women and children who are fleeing war torn countries not young men who should stay and fight for their country. They also tend to be the ones that are giving the other refugees a bad rap.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Reality)
    I do not think this is true as according to Islam, it is impossible for a Muslim to be violent
    I'm guessing that's sarcasm? No one is perfect and no one claims that all Muslims aren't violent. Islam teaches us not to resort to violence however obviously not every Muslim follows this.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AzimHV2)
    I'm guessing that's sarcasm? No one is perfect and no one claims that all Muslims aren't violent. Islam teaches us not to resort to violence however obviously not every Muslim follows this.
    Not sarcasm. Islam states that a Muslim is peaceful and tolerant so that is why I can not believe this

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dumachi)
    Surely if the west actually satisfied the needs of the Muslim community by respecting the ideals and incorporating their needs into the system, it would be a better place?

ReputationRep:
    Not sarcasm. Islam states that a Muslim is peaceful and tolerant so that is why I can not believe this
    Surely if the west actually satisfied the needs of the Muslim community by respecting the ideals and incorporating their needs into the system, it would be a better place?
    Nice bait

ReputationRep:
    Islam doesn't state Muslims are peaceful. It teaches us to be peaceful and civilized and says muslims should be peaceful. Just because they are refugees doesn't mean they follow Islam. They may follow a different faith or perhaps are muslim by name and do not practice it. We will never truly know. No one is perfect and these muggers are scum.

ReputationRep:
    The west doesn't need muslims,

muslims need the west, so why would we bend over backwards to do so?

ReputationRep:
    Islam doesn't state Muslims are peaceful. It teaches us to be peaceful and civilized and says muslims should be peaceful. Just because they are refugees doesn't mean they follow Islam. They may follow a different faith or perhaps are muslim by name and do not practice it. We will never truly know. No one is perfect and these muggers are scum.
    Don't be Islamophobic. Muslims are peaceful, what are you trying to say?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NickLCFC)
    Nice bait
    My thoughts exactly lol. Probably a dupe account.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Genghis Khan)
    The west doesn't need muslims,

muslims need the west, so why would we bend over backwards to do so?
    They deserve representation as they are citizens to. It is out of respect. If they want sharia law, are we not as moral citizens requried to give it to them. Freedoms are what we take pride in.

ReputationRep:
    Don't be Islamophobic. Muslims are peaceful, what are you trying to say?
    Confirmed you're a troll. I bet you're not even muslim and you're trying to cause tension and division.

ReputationRep:
    They deserve representation as they are citizens to. It is out of respect. If they want sharia law, are we not as moral citizens requried to give it to them. Freedoms are what we take pride in.
    troll detected you cant be srs.

ReputationRep:
    >Takes pride in freedom
    >Wants Sharia law

ReputationRep:
    sharia law is barbaric

ReputationRep:
    Confirmed you're a troll. I bet you're not even muslim and you're trying to cause tension and division.
    I already said I am not Muslim in another thread. I am an athiest. I just recognise that Muslims have rights too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Genghis Khan)
    sharia law is barbaric
    But that is not for us to decide. If majority of Muslims want it, are we not required to do so?

ReputationRep:
    But that is not for us to decide. If majority of Muslims want it, are we not required to do so?
    no ****ing way

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 23, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.