Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Do you think tuition fees will ever be scrapped or lowered? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I fancy going back to uni but I cant afford 40k.

I could go abroad and do it, but I cannot speak da lingo So unless classes are taught in English then what's the point.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Isambard Kingdom Brunel)
    I fancy going back to uni but I cant afford 40k.

I could go abroad and do it, but I cannot speak da lingo So unless classes are taught in English then what's the point.
    I highly doubt it, unfortunately; there's even rumours that tuition fees may rise further. What course are you interested in studying? Medicine in Bulgaria, for example, is taught in English although there are compulsory Bulgarian language lessons.

ReputationRep:
    If lowered, it is unlikely to be by much. Almost definitely will never be scrapped.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Probably once I leave uni. Would be typical since it was in my first year that they decided to bump up the fees

ReputationRep:
    No way is that going to happen. It is too much of a solid government investment. No questions asked loan; inflated price of product; individual paying off debt in increments for most of the remainder of their lives.

What you need to consider is whether the field you wish to study toward is worth the debt (which thankfully doesn't have a settlement deadline), and whether you are determined to get there by some other means or satisfied with something else?
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    I can't think of any reason why they'd lower or scrap the fees.

ReputationRep:
    No its unlikely to happen and it is only right that people pay for what they want. Nothing is for free,someone always pays.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.