Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I applied to Uni of Liverpool last year to study Aerospace Engineering with Pilot Studies (BEng), but I had it as my insurance and I decided to go to my firm choice, which was Uni of Sheffield. I have recently decided the university is not for me though and I'd rather be closer to home. I have asked if I can transfer in second year, but if this isn't possible, is there still time to apply to start first year again next academic year (September)? Would I have to go through UCAS again? I heard that deadlines recently closed, but I believe you can still apply late; would this likely affect my chance of getting offered a course again? Also, would having previously held an offer help?
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Hi there, apologies for the delay in response. We do consider applications for second year entry for Aerospace Engineering with Pilot Studies BEng. The following entry requirements are provided as a guide:

- You must have studied 'like for like' modules. This means that the modules you have studied in your first year must be the same or very similar to those studied by our first year students. We cannot assess your modules at this stage, however you can take a look yourself by using the module information on our course page. Please see: http://www.liverpool.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/courses

- You must attain an overall 2:1 standard in your first year. You can apply before completing your first year but please be aware that any offer made may be on the condition of you achieving this standard.

- You must meet the current A Level (or equivalent) requirements for your chosen course.

If you think that you meet these conditions then you are welcome to make an application. You will need to apply via UCAS in the usual way, however please ensure you clearly indicate that you wish to be considered for entry point two. To apply, please visit www.ucas.com

We are still currently considering late applications, therefore you are welcome to make an application for either first or second year entry should you so wish.

I hope this information has been useful.

Best wishes, Sophie

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    How are your GCSEs going so far?
    Useful resources

Articles:

University of Liverpool Guide

Featured accommodation profiles:

X1 Lettings

X1 Lettings

Luxury student accommodation in Liverpool & Manchester.

Quick links:

Unanswered University of Liverpool ThreadsStalking pages becomes University Connect, connect to other Liverpool applicants now!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.