I applied to Uni of Liverpool last year to study Aerospace Engineering with Pilot Studies (BEng), but I had it as my insurance and I decided to go to my firm choice, which was Uni of Sheffield. I have recently decided the university is not for me though and I'd rather be closer to home. I have asked if I can transfer in second year, but if this isn't possible, is there still time to apply to start first year again next academic year (September)? Would I have to go through UCAS again? I heard that deadlines recently closed, but I believe you can still apply late; would this likely affect my chance of getting offered a course again? Also, would having previously held an offer help?
- Thread Starter
Last edited by dannyoboy007; 17-01-2016 at 22:40.
- 17-01-2016 22:36
University of Liverpool
- 13 followers
- 3 badges
- Send a private message to University of Liverpool
- Official TSR Representative
- 09-02-2016 14:45
Hi there, apologies for the delay in response. We do consider applications for second year entry for Aerospace Engineering with Pilot Studies BEng. The following entry requirements are provided as a guide:
- You must have studied 'like for like' modules. This means that the modules you have studied in your first year must be the same or very similar to those studied by our first year students. We cannot assess your modules at this stage, however you can take a look yourself by using the module information on our course page. Please see: http://www.liverpool.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/courses
- You must attain an overall 2:1 standard in your first year. You can apply before completing your first year but please be aware that any offer made may be on the condition of you achieving this standard.
- You must meet the current A Level (or equivalent) requirements for your chosen course.
If you think that you meet these conditions then you are welcome to make an application. You will need to apply via UCAS in the usual way, however please ensure you clearly indicate that you wish to be considered for entry point two. To apply, please visit www.ucas.com
We are still currently considering late applications, therefore you are welcome to make an application for either first or second year entry should you so wish.
I hope this information has been useful.
Best wishes, Sophie