The Student Room Group

How to stay calm in exams...

And not panic, when something you have not seen before comes up
Original post by Mihael_Keehl
And not panic, when something you have not seen before comes up

for maths exams start from the back and skip segments of questions you immediately dont know how to approach. When you are doing other questions a solution to the difficult question may become apparent.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Ben4
for maths exams start from the back and skip segments of questions you immediately dont know how to approach. When you are doing other questions a solution to the difficult question may become apparent.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I will look at this approach.thanks.
Reply 3
Original post by Ben4

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hmmm, not thought of doing it this way before

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Andy98
Hmmm, not thought of doing it this way before

Posted from TSR Mobile

I find that I do considerably better with this method, I seem to make less silly mistakes for some reason. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Original post by Ben4
I find that I do considerably better with this method, I seem to make less silly mistakes for some reason. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I see what you mean

Posted from TSR Mobile
bump
*posting to subscribe*

Yeah I had something like this happen to me in the Psychology AS exam last year. We had revised the model answers and the structure and everything for this 12 mark question and then in the real thing they put a spin on it that we'd never seen before! I THINK I did okay on that question (I got an overall A on that paper) but a lot of people panicked completely.
If you come to a question where you can't immediately think of an answer, like the above poster said, put a little mark next to it and immediately move onto the next one. By moving on quickly, you don't allow yourself to get anxious because you are forcing yourself to focus on the next question instead. Then, if you have time at the end of the exam, go back to the questions you put marks next to and have another look to see if you can answer them having done the rest of the paper :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest