The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I can difinatly say that you are not alone :biggrin:
I was soooo very much bashful, I wasn't comfortable meeting new ppl, I usually only spoke to ppl I knew (and I was perfectly confident speaking to the ppl I knew and was familar with), when I made a mistake in class/or meet new ppl my face went plum red :tongue: (can't help it coz i'm a virgo :rolleyes: lol). The thing is , usually when ppl are shy they tend to show it by not making eye contact and not putting their head up/or voice themsleves in a reserved way, but I showed it by going red, I h8ed it (used to put blusher so it would be less obivious :redface: ).
But gradually I talked to more ppl and become just a little more confident and i'm starting med in kings this yr, hopefully will boost it my confid even more , since we have to make alot of presentations and speak to patients etc.
Pixel fairy I wouldn't worry about not making good/no friends, once u go to uni u probably will loose contact or not speak as frequently, and if u are going to live in halls, the friends u make there are the friends u make for life. (or so i've heard)
Reply 101
When I go out (even if it's with a group of friends), I never know what to say.. I usually end up just sitting in a corner sending text messages, or playing games on my mobile :rolleyes: I used to be really shy on the phone too, but I've managed to get over that.

I'm hoping uni will help coz I'll HAVE to talk to people, and it will be the 1 time in my life where everyone will be in more-or-less the same situation as me.
Reply 102
Weirdo
I'm hoping uni will help coz I'll HAVE to talk to people, and it will be the 1 time in my life where everyone will be in more-or-less the same situation as me.

All that stuff they tell you about how everyone's gonna be in the same boat is just crap though, at least that's what I found last year.
Reply 103
Nylex
All that stuff they tell you about how everyone's gonna be in the same boat is just crap though, at least that's what I found last year.

lol... ok :rolleyes:
I am shy sometimes, it depends on whos company Im in. If Im in a situation where it doesnt matter Im quite happy being shy but when I need to interact I just take a deep breath and put a mask on so to speak, this gives me enough confidence :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending