Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Three's a crowd? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I have two friends, who were friends before i joined the group, for a couple of months before/close to a year. Anyway, we all became very good friends and have a lot in common.

However, I sometimes feel really left out and like i saw my friend snap chat my other friend like lets have a sleepover 'just us', and then didn't really let me know what was happening. I sometimes feel really lonely when this happens, or when they don't contact me for a couple of hours because they're together. I do have other friends but i really value and love their friendship.

I can tell sometimes one of them will get jealous because i'm spending time with the other, even though one of them has a boyfriend.

Also they text all the time, but never ever text me, only occasionally, once i saw on my friends phone, 'i do love lou but i want it to just be me and you', it really hurt me.

I feel a bit worthless when they do things like that

I dunno what to do, sometimes shall i just not contact them or what?

ReputationRep:
    Yikes! I totally understand as that has happened to me in the past. I had to eventually separate myself from those friends. It seems that once that tight friendship has taken root it is hard to break in. Like my friends, I'm sure yours to care greatly for you but they have their own established 'group' (of 2). It would be better if you could bring a few more friends to the group. I know it is really hurtful and you have every right to be hurt. There just isn't an easy solution other than to back a way for a while. Good luck.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 18, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.