Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

BAE National Security Academy Watch

University Navigation

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Teh SoniC)
    Hey man,

They e-mailed to me even though they told me they would call me regardless of the result.

Do you have any other plans? Maybe we can help each other out.
    Yeah I just got an email today and was also told that they would call! oh well.

I have a potential interview elsewhere so I'm not too bothered what about you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lozziepie92)
    Yeah I just got an email today and was also told that they would call! oh well.

I have a potential interview elsewhere so I'm not too bothered what about you?
    Still waiting for some of their responses.

Though if all fall through, I may look into an MSc Computing conversion degree. I don't know how that'd match against other newer graduates that come out of CompSci.
    And I'm kind of concerned about getting another loan as funding for the MSc course.

We'll see though. Good luck for your other interviews!

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I was wondering those who have done the assessment centre, is the java test based on extensive knowledge? or is it pretty basic? thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by falccsr)
    Hi, I was wondering those who have done the assessment centre, is the java test based on extensive knowledge? or is it pretty basic? thanks
    They ask for quite a few definitions in regards to the classes and definitions.
    I found their aptitude test a bit easier compared to other online tests that I've done before though.

They also ask a bit of object orientated programing knowledge.

As a reference, I did some java research one night before as that was when I found out that it'd be a java test, I got 13/30. Which seemed pretty good considering I had no prior knowledge.

Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    Thanks! That's put my mind at rest a bit. Did you find out your result straight away then?

ReputationRep:
    Thanks! That's put my mind at rest a bit. Did you find out your result straight away then?
    They told us they'd reply by phone within 2 working days. Me and another user both did not get contacted within those 2 days and was rejected.

ReputationRep:
    They told us they'd reply by phone within 2 working days. Me and another user both did not get contacted within those 2 days and was rejected.
    Oh, sorry to hear that Very apprehensive about what they want from us. Thanks for helping anyway!

ReputationRep:
    Oh, sorry to hear that Very apprehensive about what they want from us. Thanks for helping anyway!
    No worries, im in a rough spot for the job hunt atm, but im sure it could be a lot worse.

ReputationRep:
    No worries, im in a rough spot for the job hunt atm, but im sure it could be a lot worse.
    Everyone's in the same boat, it's really tough. If nothing else though see it as a positive getting experience with interviews/assessment days?

ReputationRep:
    Everyone's in the same boat, it's really tough. If nothing else though see it as a positive getting experience with interviews/assessment days?
    Yeah I guess so.

Im considering if I should do a conversion masters degree in computing

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I guess so.

Im considering if I should do a conversion masters degree in computing
    Same potentially. Have you looked into anything yet? Also, was the assessment day the last stage of the process? or did they say there would be anymore interviews etc?

ReputationRep:
    Same potentially. Have you looked into anything yet? Also, was the assessment day the last stage of the process? or did they say there would be anymore interviews etc?
    Mainly considering going back to cardiff uni where i graduated from for the msc.

Im still waiting for some other companies to reply back, though im not expecting much.

I think that was the last stage, apart from the vetting process

ReputationRep:
    Mainly considering going back to cardiff uni where i graduated from for the msc.

Im still waiting for some other companies to reply back, though im not expecting much.

I think that was the last stage, apart from the vetting process
    Oh fair play, didn't know they did a conversion course there, might have a look. Ok thanks sorry to be a pain aha are the aptitude tests numerical?

ReputationRep:
    Oh fair play, didn't know they did a conversion course there, might have a look. Ok thanks sorry to be a pain aha are the aptitude tests numerical?
    no worries mate. the aptitude test has 4 sections, computing, verbal, numerical and logical (like pictures in a pattern)

ReputationRep:
    no worries mate. the aptitude test has 4 sections, computing, verbal, numerical and logical (like pictures in a pattern)
    Oh extra computing in addition to the Java stuff? Presumably this isn't as long as the Java test?

ReputationRep:
    has anyone got offers at all for this then?

ReputationRep:
    and can anyone tell us what the interview questions are like?

ReputationRep:
    Oh extra computing in addition to the Java stuff? Presumably this isn't as long as the Java test?
    the java and aptitude test is roughly the same time length

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by greenpeas19)
    and can anyone tell us what the interview questions are like?
    probably vary from person to person, but they ask about general questions regarding java and OOP.

also gave me a task to write pseudo code

ReputationRep:
    Anyone reading this in the future, APPLY NOW.. this was one of the best experiences I've had in an interview. Start at 10 am, ended at 5pm, and every hour was worth it. It's like the apprentice on steroids, split into teams, project managers, a task. All after taking an aptitude and java test as mentioned in the thread. The task really tests your time management.. we really crammed everything in those last 10 minutes. Shoutout to the friendly staff and 1337 powerpoint skills

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
    Useful resources

Featured recruiter profiles:

CGI logo

CGI is open for applications

"Offering a range of apprentice and sponsored degree positions."

Quick link:

Unanswered IT and technology threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.