Chemistry synoptic unit 6 Watch

This discussion is closed.
yipee
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
hiii, you know how we take our books into the synoptic, does anyone know whether we can label them. i've stuck mini postits - and labeled each table in the book of data, so that i know which table to go to quickly. does anyone know if there is a problem with that? :rolleyes:
randdom
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by yipee)
hiii, you know how we take our books into the synoptic, does anyone know whether we can label them. i've stuck mini postits - and labeled each table in the book of data, so that i know which table to go to quickly. does anyone know if there is a problem with that? :rolleyes:
I don't know about this particular exam but generally you are allowed to only anotate not put anything else into the book.
The Albatross
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
which board are you with?
yipee
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
edexcel nuffied course...joy
cipapfatso
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Are we allowed to annotate it at all? I mean it would be helpful to write down colours of complexes and of expected results from reactions, not to mention reasons for certain procedures in experiments....

Wouldn't that defeat the purpose of the exam? Nuffield ensured its book was total pants so it doesn't serve as an advantage on its own, if we annotate it, surely that'll mean there will be useful information in the book for the once thereby contradicting the entire nuffield syllabus!!:p:p

Anyways, I guess annotate a tiny bit with pencil so you can rub it out if it isn't allowed.
coulson_2000
Report 14 years ago
asked about this a while ago and you can't label books or stick post-it notes on etc.
jetuk.com
Report 14 years ago
u can put post it style tabs on your data book to find the tables quickly, like index tabs.
kingpong
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
If you were allowed to take books into edexcel synoptic chem I would be PISSED.
cipapfatso
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by kingpong)
If you were allowed to take books into edexcel synoptic chem I would be PISSED.
Lol no worries we are at no advantage. It jusr takes up valuable desk space, unless they ask us a question on:

"Recall experiment 5.4 in summary, use your students book to help you"

They are more likely to ask us real questions like
"draw the mechanism of the reaction between 1,2,3-tribromobenzene and the electrophile which forms form the reaction between sulphuric acid and nitric acid"
at which point they will say: "Don't bother looking at your book, fat chance you'll find it in there"

man i HATE Nuffield
powerball
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
We were told we could stick tabs in to find the pages but you are definitely not allowed to annotate
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 17 Oct '18
  • Staffordshire University
    Nursing and Midwifery Undergraduate
    Wed, 17 Oct '18
  • Teesside University
    Undergraduate open day Undergraduate
    Wed, 17 Oct '18

Who is most responsible for your success at university

Mostly me (237)
91.51%
Mostly my university including my lecturers/tutors (22)
8.49%

Watched Threads