Announcements
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by (づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ)
    You're very accident prone then? :laugh:

I've seen some haunting injuries take place, one of the more PG ones was watching someones arm break as a fairly big guy fell on it.
    Definitely. Never regular accidents though, just stupid ones :laugh:

I bet that was painful :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chelseadagg3r)
    Definitely. Never regular accidents though, just stupid ones :laugh:

I bet that was painful :eek:
    It definitely looked painful, and I don't think I will ever get the image of it out of my head. :no:

I have seen worse but yeah, that's one of the ones that sticks with me.

ReputationRep:
    Was on a BMX when I was 12, and was doing as we were told, which was a mini ramp.
    Ended up going too fast, fell off the bike, landed, and my knees kinda folded the wrong way!

ReputationRep:
    I was thrown out of the back seat of a taxi by a dangling aerial wire. The car was stationary, thankfully. But as I opened the door to get out I was thrown completely out of the car onto the pavement. The only part of me that remained in the taxi was my right leg, with the ankle part caught up in the wire still. I felt my ankle "twist". It was broken and dislocated.The pain was unreal and apparently I fainted about six times while in casualty. They wouldn't let me go home for hours until I had stopped fainting. I have no family here. Friends had to take time off work to help out for a few days until I got the hang of the crutches and everything. I had been a very regular customer of the company for years and they were great. Lovely friendly owners. Then this new woman took ownership, unfortunately for me and at least one other person. Her new husband apparently bought her the company as a wedding present. Well she ran it into the ground.The driver drove me to the hospital, and told the owner what had happened. No contact or message from her. No asking how I was. I wasn't expecting bouquets of flowers every single day off her, but some sort of message would have been nice, asking how I was. My son's father was on the drink at the time so was of no use. We didn't live together. If she had offered for a taxi to take my son to school and back every day it would have been something. I waited two weeks, then went to see a solicitor. She was furious and apparently said, "Who does she think she is? I've never been sued by anyone. Could we not pay someone, to say they saw her deliberately throw herself out of the taxi? The driver said to her, "But she didn't deliberately throw herself out." She said, "Oh I know. But could we not pay someone to say that ?" He came round to see me and relayed back to me everything she said to him, and he was completely disgusted with her. As time went on all around the town people kept hearing stories of how her cars were not properly insured. They were all faulty in some way or other. Then I heard, as did everyone else, about a little girl who fell out of one of her taxis as the door handle wasn't working. She fell out and broke her arm. The parents also sued. Her business closed down and has never reopened. It's still empty on Hill Street in Newry. Her husband about two years later divorced her. I was awarded £15,000 in compensation. The solicitor's fee was only two grand out of that, which I thought was quite reasonable. She now works, believe it or not, as a fortune teller, Tarot card reader and psychic. She places adverts every week in the free weekly newspaper. Have messaged a few people a few times on her Facebook page , when they have asked other people if she is reputable. I have told them exactly the type of person she is, what happened to me, and that she doesn't deserve their custom. Every single one of them I have contacted privately has thanked me for letting them know of the type of person she really is. I got justice and she got her just desserts for being a thoroughly nasty piece of work. I hope her "psychic" business fails too. B****

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by starfab)
    "A Human body can bear only up to 45 del (units) of pain. Yet at time of giving birth, a mother feels up to 57 Del (units) of pain. This is similar to 20 bones getting fractured at the same time."
    Childbirth sure looks painful,

but i'm not too sure how legit that quote is..

http://trimestertalk.com/45-dels-pain/

(Original post by chelseadagg3r)
    Fibromyalgia is pretty bad, so was dislocating my knee. I threw up and passed out from that last one :laugh:
    It happened to me too. I felt a pop and then instantly my knee just gave way and I was terrible pain. I didn't know what the hell had happened at the time, but knew something wasn't right with my knee. Instinctively I reached over and just popped it back into place ..not sure how I managed that tbh, maybe I was a soldier or something in a past life

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ANM775)
    Childbirth sure looks painful,

but i'm not too sure how legit that quote is..
    Me neither but I'm sure it's quite very painful

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WoodyMKC)
    Can't be any worse than getting kicked in the balls, surely?
    As a one-off, who knows. But a fairer comparison would be being kicked in the balls every 2-3 mins for hours on end, culminating in having your balls grabbed and pulled in two different directions with enough force to tear the skin...

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.