The Student Room Group

British Valentine's day traditions

I know it's a little too early to be thinking of the most romantic day of they year,however,it'll my first time celebrating Valentine's Day in London and being single. Is there are special Valentine's Day traditions the British like to carry out? How romantic are British men? :love: And how do you/will you be celebrating yours this year?
I'll be with my girlfriend. We're going to be spending all day together as we always do, we're living together. We'll go out for a meal, and probably watch a film. And have lots of...fun nighttime activities. It'll be fun and a good laugh.

When you have someone in your life who you love, I consider every day with them to be a celebration so I don't really observe or celebrate occasions such as Valentine's day, to me it's meaningless. I don't need to dedicate one day per year to loving her, every single day with her is Valentine's day for me.
Revising:smile:
Im single AF
Reply 3
Original post by Savage R3N3GAD3
I'll be with my girlfriend. We're going to be spending all day together as we always do, we're living together. We'll go out for a meal, and probably watch a film. And have lots of...fun nighttime activities. It'll be fun and a good laugh.

When you have someone in your life who you love, I consider every day with them to be a celebration so I don't really observe or celebrate occasions such as Valentine's day, to me it's meaningless. I don't need to dedicate one day per year to loving her, every single day with her is Valentine's day for me.

Are all British men like this? :love: I'm so excited for this Valentine's,I want to be swept off my feet by a handsome British guy who has a to die for accent
Original post by Daniellaaa
Are all British men like this? :love: I'm so excited for this Valentine's,I want to be swept off my feet by a handsome British guy who has a to die for accent

I'm not British so I'm afraid I don't know :colondollar: I think there are lots of people who take this day extremely seriously and celebrate it properly and make a big thing out of it :smile: but I'm sure if you put on a nice dress and do your hair and make yourself look nice and go for a walk outside (or clubbing at night, if that's your thing), you'll be approached by plenty of folks :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by Savage R3N3GAD3
I'm not British so I'm afraid I don't know :colondollar: I think there are lots of people who take this day extremely seriously and celebrate it properly and make a big thing out of it :smile: but I'm sure if you put on a nice dress and do your hair and make yourself look nice and go for a walk outside (or clubbing at night, if that's your thing), you'll be approached by plenty of folks :smile:

I really hope so

Quick Reply

Latest