The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Im doing this too... im guessing that cap reforms and ACs are gonna come up because its very topical and the case study revolves around them... so make sure you learn all the stuff for that... also worth learning all the relevent diagrams... and in the exam try to evaluate everything... if you do a fair bit of evaluation you will get into the top level of marks for each question... so make sure your evaluative techniques is up to scratch... most people don't really need high marks in this... but its gonna be hard... i need 61% in UMS to get A (I did other A2 modules in jan)... but im still worried I won't get that... :frown:

good luck, and i hope this helps
Reply 2
S1M
Im doing this too... im guessing that cap reforms and ACs are gonna come up because its very topical and the case study revolves around them... so make sure you learn all the stuff for that... also worth learning all the relevent diagrams... and in the exam try to evaluate everything... if you do a fair bit of evaluation you will get into the top level of marks for each question... so make sure your evaluative techniques is up to scratch... most people don't really need high marks in this... but its gonna be hard... i need 61% in UMS to get A (I did other A2 modules in jan)... but im still worried I won't get that... :frown:

good luck, and i hope this helps

which relevant diagrams? i need a similar %, and am also worried i wont get it, looking at the past papers. any tips on evaluation?
Reply 3
got any predicted questions from pre release?
Reply 4
Leeroy
which relevant diagrams? i need a similar %, and am also worried i wont get it, looking at the past papers. any tips on evaluation?

diagrams:
trade creation
" diversion
min price (CAP)
maybe the cobweb theorem?
perfect comp.
maginal social/private benefit/c
keynesian/classicalist ad/as
labour d & s
erm... there must be more... just cant think of them at the moment...

evaluation:
use diagrams to help... say stuff like: depends upon elasticities and the extent of the shifts... and it also depends on which perspective (school of eco) is used... eg keynesian vs monetarist- same effect shows different things on each ad/as diag... erm... you can say that it depends upon whether there is spare capacity (keynesian model) which will determine if infl. occurs or not... and the type of industries present in each country will result in varying effect ie if mostly agric. then AC's will benefit more as they will be net recipients... just stuff like that... well these are general evaluative points that i remember for various questions i have done in the past... evaluation is the key to an A in this paper...
Reply 5
right ill try and remember that, tho i dont recognise many of those diagrams
Reply 6
what do the trade creation/diversion diagrams consist of?
Reply 7
Leeroy
got any predicted questions from pre release?

i got hundreds*... doesn't really narrow it down too much... its best not to guess whats coming up because you might sub conciously over prioritise those topics in your revision and it might not come up... and something that didn't think would come up does which you didn't prepare for as much... then you are screwed if you get what i mean...
well i am guessing that ACs and CAP reforms would be the topics IMO...
the last question is always about economic integration, euro, eu etc. advantages and disadvantage... so it would be a safe bet to focus a BIT more on advantages and disadvantages of the ACs joining... remember to separate advantages and disadvantages for current members and the ACs
*slight exageration :biggrin:
Reply 8
fancy running thru those pros and cons now?
Reply 9
Leeroy
what do the trade creation/diversion diagrams consist of?

its a bit too complicated and long winded to explain on here... but ill take a shot at sumarising it... but i hope it doesnt confuse you :s

it shows what happens to trade before and after membership of a customs union... basically, you have the EU price and EU with tariff price... when the tariffs are removed imports go up, domestic supply goes down and overall trade increase, hence trade has been created... certain areas on the diagram show the net welfare gain... ull need a text book to help ya with that...

i dont think its worth me explaining trade diversion... its too complicated for explaining like this... sorry

after a quick search... this looks like it explains it better than me:
http://internationalecon.com/v1.0/ch110/110c030.html
Reply 10
Leeroy
fancy running thru those pros and cons now?

sorry there way too much content... and i really need to go and revise now.... i got P2 tomorrow as well... i think the tutor2u websites covers these pros and cons well...
http://www.tutor2u.net/economics/content/topics/europe/enlargement_accession_advantages.htm
http://www.tutor2u.net/economics/content/topics/europe/enlargement_existingmembers_disadvantages.htm
http://www.tutor2u.net/economics/content/topics/europe/enlargement_existingmembers_advantages.htm
Reply 11
too late for me to learn that now i think, ill just go with what i no. thanks for the help
Reply 12
Leeroy
too late for me to learn that now i think, ill just go with what i no.
i still think its worth going over that stuff just incase it comes up...
Leeroy
thanks for the help
no problem :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending