Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Edexcel IAL Chem unit 2 january 2016 Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    How was it?

ReputationRep:
    paper 2 was kinda twisted.Worked hard for infra red greengouse gases and nothing came.Ionic equations were fked upWhat did u write ionic equation of h2so4 to sulphur?and mass of KI was 183ug?right?why calcium oxide react with sulphur dioxide?and iodine was oxidising agent right because it goes from 5 to 0........ What was ionice equation when cl2 react with KI solution?
    Pm me dont answer it here

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rulezz)
    paper 2 was kinda twisted.Worked hard for infra red greengouse gases and nothing came.Ionic equations were fked upWhat did u write ionic equation of h2so4 to sulphur?and mass of KI was 183ug?right?why calcium oxide react with sulphur dioxide?and iodine was oxidising agent right because it goes from 5 to 0........ What was ionice equation when cl2 react with KI solution?
    Pm me dont answer it here
    Wasn't it IO3- that was the oxidising agent ?

ReputationRep:
    yeah it is, It got reduced from +5 to 0. oxidising agent = reduced.
    edit: +5 not 7
    -------------------------

for Cl2 + KI, its Cl2 + I- -> I2 + 2Cl-

for the mass of KI, i got moles of I, multipled by 2, then divided Mr of KI. dont think thats correct though.

overall the paper was very nice, beside 2-3 parts which I did, but I have no idea if they are right, rest is simple. thankfully not a lot of calculations in part B/C, and no drawing experiments. a lot of topics did not show up too, which was kinda weird.

for drawing ICl3, I put 12 electrons total for I, is that correct? since its in the d-block

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hammoud779)
    yeah it is, It got reduced from +7 to 0. oxidising agent = reduced.

-------------------------

for Cl2 + KI, its Cl2 + I- -> I2 + 2Cl-

for the mass of KI, i got moles of I, multipled by 2, then divided Mr of KI. dont think thats correct though.

overall the paper was very nice, beside 2-3 parts which I did, but I have no idea if they are right, rest is simple. thankfully not a lot of calculations in part B/C, and no drawing experiments. a lot of topics did not show up too, which was kinda weird.

for drawing ICl3, I put 12 electrons total for I, is that correct? since its in the d-block
    My friend I don't think it's +7 to 0, it's +5 to 0 do it now IO3- the oxidation of I is +5

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Polpi)
    My friend I don't think it's +7 to 0, it's +5 to 0 do it now IO3- the oxidation of I is +5
    oops, my bad, meant +5

ReputationRep:
    I think everything was alright except few questions from section C were a bit ahh
    But it was much better than June

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Break up or unrequited love?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.