A level Subjects for Computer Science Degree? Help!

Watch
viiinn
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
My college offers A level subject combination of either
Maths, Chemistry, Physics and Further Mathematics
or
Maths, Chemistry, Physics and Computer Science.
Is the new Computer Science subject in A levels any good compared to Further Maths?
Should I take Further Maths or Computer Science? Which would be more helpful for a degree in Computer Science?
JustANormalGuy
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Depends what you want on uni. If computer science course, then obviously... computer science?
viiinn
Rep:
?
(Original post by JustANormalGuy)
Depends what you want on uni. If computer science course, then obviously... computer science?
I see, Thanks.
TeamRocket4ever
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I think you should do A-level CompScience (+plus the rest of combination: Maths, Chem, Phys), especially as you want to do a degree in it. You'll be able to experience the subject, you'll have some practice, and you'll recognise whether it's what you REALLY want to do in life. ;-)

Posted from TSR Mobile
viiinn
Rep:
?
(Original post by TeamRocket4ever)
I think you should do A-level CompScience (+plus the rest of combination: Maths, Chem, Phys), especially as you want to do a degree in it. You'll be able to experience the subject, you'll have some practice, and you'll recognise whether it's what you REALLY want to do in life. ;-)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thanks for the advice, but I'll still do some research and consider still, probably leaning onto taking Further Math as it is more applicable to more degree choices including computing thus not limiting my choices in the future.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (17)
28.33%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (4)
6.67%
No I am happy with my choice (36)
60%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (3)
5%

Watched Threads